Chase Checking/Savings $900 Bonus
Chase frequently offers a $600 for those who open a new checking and savings account. But now we are seeing once again a rare $900 bonus with the same requirements. This is a great opportunity and the bonus might not last long. So at least claim a unique promo code right away by entering your email. Check out the details of this Chase Checking/Savings $900 bonus below.
- Aug 4, 2023 – Some people also report receiving mailers with this offer. Hopefully we see it publicly available soon.
- Aug 3, 2023 – A small number of people are seeing this bonus on the Chase homepage or at this link or this link. Try refreshing, or clicking the link multiple times. It didn’t work for me, but let me know in the comments if you have better luck. (HT: Doctor of Credit)
- Jul 14, 2023 – Chase is targeting select customers with this offer through email. (HT: Elliot in Facebook Group)
- Apr 28, 2023 – Here’s an interesting data point from Dan in our Facebook Group. If you still have a promo code for the $900 offer, or if you can find one, then you can still open the account online and get the bonus. The bonus shows attached to the accounts with the extra $400 for opening checking and savings. I thought it might have been a one time occurrence, but a friend of mine confirmed that he also got the bonus on the account after using a $900 promo code today. Obviously there might be some risk since the offer has expired, but it is a very good sign that the bonus applies automatically.
- Apr 20, 2023 – This offer has expired. Check the current $600 bonus with same requirements.
The offer gives you a $900 total bonus, but it comes in two parts that can be done separately. You’ll receive $300 for opening a checking account, $200 for a savings account, and an extra $400 if you do both.
- To receive the $300 checking bonus:
- Open a new Chase Total Checking account, which is subject to approval;
- Have your direct deposit made to this account within 90 days of coupon enrollment.
- To receive the $200 savings bonus:
- Open a new Chase Savings account, which is subject to approval;
- Deposit a total of $15,000 or more in new money into the new savings account within 30 days of coupon enrollment;
- Maintain at least a $15,000 balance for 90 days from the coupon enrollment. The new money cannot be funds held by you at Chase or its affiliates. After you have completed all the above savings requirements, we’ll deposit the bonus in your new account within 15 days.
- To receive the extra $400 bonus:
- You must open the checking and savings account at the same time and complete all requirements above for BOTH the checking bonus and savings bonus.
- Your direct deposit needs to be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government. Person to Person payments (such as Zelle®) are not considered a direct deposit.
- Micro-deposits do not qualify as a direct deposit for the bonus. Micro-deposits are small deposits, typically less than $1, that are sent to your account to verify it is the correct account.
- Chase will deposit bonus in your account 15 days after you complete requirements.
Make Sure You Are Eligible
Make sure you are eligible for this Chase Checking/Savings $900 bonus. Here are some important terms:
- Checking offer is not available to existing Chase checking customers.
- Savings offer is not available to existing Chase savings customers.
- Both offers are not available to those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance within the last 3 years.
- You can receive only one new checking and one new savings account opening related bonus every two years from the last coupon enrollment date and only one bonus per account.
- Coupon is good for one-time use.
- Most likely you need to have a Chase branch in your state in order to be eligible, even when applying online. Check the branch locator here.
Both the checking and the savings account comes with monthly fees, but can be waived.
Chase Total Checking
$12 Monthly Service Fee that is waived when you do at least one of the following each statement period:
- Have monthly direct deposits totaling $500 or more made to this account; OR,
- Keep a minimum daily balance of $1,500 or more in your checking account; OR,
- Keep an average beginning day balance of $5,000 or more in any combination of this account and linked qualifying Chase checking, savings and other balances.
$5 Monthly Service Fee that is waived when you do at least one of the following each statement period:
- Keep a minimum daily balance of $300 or more in your savings account; OR,
- Have at least one repeating automatic transfer of $25 or more from your Chase personal checking account (available only through Chase Online Banking); OR
- Have a linked Chase Premier Plus Checking, Chase Premier Platinum Checking, or Chase Private Client Checking account.
Obviously an incredible offer for those who are eligible. You get $300 for a new checking account, $200 for a new savings account, and another $400 when you do both. Requirements are relatively easy, so you should definitely go for it if you are eligible.
Normally these bonuses don’t last through the expiration date. So I suggest you claim a code now by entering you email, and you can then apply before April 19th. Coupon is good for one-time use only, so get multiple coupons if you plan to open multiple accounts.
If you recently applied for the $600 offer, you can try asking Chase to match it. It looks like they will do so if you opened your account within last 21 days.
- OFFER PAGE
- Bonus: $900
- Account Type: Total Checking and Savings
- Availability: Nationwide (might need to have a Chase branch nearby)
- Inquiry Type: Soft pull
- Credit Card Funding: No
- Direct Deposit Requirement: Yes, any amount (see what works)
- Other Requirements: Keep $15K for 90 days
- Monthly Fees: $12 (can be waived)
- Closing Account Fee: Must keep open for 6 months
- Expiration Date: 4/19/23