Big Retention Offers for American Express Business Platinum Card
American Express has been very generous with retention offers recently, especially for Business Platinum cardholders. The annual fee on the American Express Business Platinum recently increased $100, from $595 to $695 on January 13, 2022 (Rates & Fees). But even some cardholders who recently paid the lower annual fee have been offered a credit of $695. So they’re effectively getting paid $100 to keep a card that is loaded with credits and benefits.
Here are some of the retention offers that we have seen recently for the American Express Business Platinum card:
- $695 credit with no spending requirement
- $595 credit with no spending requirement
- $395 credit with no spending requirement
- 40,000 Membership Rewards points upon renewal, plus additional 55,000 Membership Rewards points with $40,000 spend within three months.
- 30,000 Membership Rewards points upon renewal, plus additional 50,000 Membership Rewards points with $40,000 spend within three months.
Let me know if you have received any similar offer to renew your American Express Business Platinum card.
- 5X Membership Rewards points for each dollar of eligible purchases made when you book on the American Express Travel website
- Use Membership Rewards Pay with Points for all or part of an eligible fare and get 35% of those points back, up to 1,000,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Earn 1.5X Points per dollar on
- eligible purchases of $5,000 of more
- Electronics goods, retailers, software, and cloud service providers
- Construction materials and hardware supplies
- Shipping providers
- Get up to $400 in statement credits annually for U.S. purchases with Dell Technologies. Get up to $200 in statement credits between January and June, and up to $100 in statement credits between July and December.
- Up to $120 annual statement credits for purchases made directly from any US wireless telephone provider, up to $10 per month.
- Indeed - Get up to $360 credit ($90 per quarter)
- Adobe - $150 annual statement credit
- Access to more than 1,400 airport lounges across 120 countries
- $200 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees on your favorite airline
- Receive a statement credit every 4 years after you apply for Global Entry ($100) or TSA Pre✔ ($85) with an eligible Card.
- $189 in statement credits per calendar year for your annual CLEAR membership
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status
- Hilton Honors Gold status
- Platinum Card Concierge available 24/7 to help with anything from special dinner reservations to finding the perfect gift.
- Resy Dining Benefit
- Annual Fee: $695
Some of these offers are a no-brainer. But I would probably go for any of those offers listed above . As you can see, the card comes with a ton of benefits and credits that should get you more than enough value to make it worthwhile for another year.
It’s always a good idea to call in or online chat for a retention offer when your annual fee is due. Even on no-fee cards, American Express has been giving out retention offers. So even if you really plan to close a card, a good retention offer could change your mind.