New Resy Dining Benefit for American Express Premium Card Members
U.S. American Express Platinum Card Members and other premium Consumer, Business and Corporate Card Members can now take advantage of Global Dining Access by Resy. This is a program that unlocks special access to popular restaurants from within the Resy iOS App and Resy.com. Access to Global Dining Access by Resy launched on July 1st, as part of the Amex Platinum refresh.
Card Members can enjoy their Global Dining Access benefits by linking an eligible American Express Card to their Resy account. The benefits include:
- Priority Notify at all Resy restaurants: Resy’s signature Notify feature lets diners sign up to receive an alert if a table they are interested in is not available. If that table becomes available, the diner receives a push notification. With Priority Notify, Global Dining Access members are alerted first. So they have the opportunity to book the table before other Resy users.
- Exclusive Reservations: Primetime tables held at sought-after restaurants, exclusively for Global Dining Access members. Look for the purple reservation slots, only visible to members. Card Members can also call the American Express Concierge for assistance with restaurant reservations.
- VIP Diner Badge: A VIP badge gets added to a member’s Resy profile, denoting their special status. This badge is visible at the restaurant level so restaurants know which diners are part of Global Dining Access.
- Member-Only Events and Pre-Sale Access: Members can purchase tickets to high-profile chef dinners, curated culinary experiences and virtual cooking classes, as well get access to pre-sales for other Resy events.
Some of the restaurants on the platform include Carbone (NYC), Don Angie (NYC), Via Carota (NYC), Le Bernardin (NYC), Jon & Vinny’s (LA), Saison (SF), the restaurants of Nancy Silverton (LA), Mike Solomonov (Philadelphia), Christopher Kostow (Napa), Mashama Bailey (Savannah), Nina Compton (New Orleans) and more. To see the full Global Dining Access restaurant directory, visit Resy.com/globaldiningaccess.
Global Dining Access Eligible Cards
As of July 1, 2021, Global Dining Access is an available benefit for card members with any of the following American Express cards:
- Platinum Card
- Business Platinum Card
- Corporate Platinum Card
- Delta SkyMiles Reserve American Express Card
- Delta SkyMiles Reserve Business American Express Card
- Hilton Honors American Express Aspire
- and any Additional Card Member(s) on their accounts.
This is not a major benefit for Amex cardholders. But, it is something to keep in mind. If you have one of the eligible cards, it can make reservations easier and quicker at places where it’s usually difficult to get a table. American Express and Resy have also launched a great offer for the Amex Platinum Card with a welcome bonus of 125,000 Membership Rewards points and 15% back on Shop Small and restaurant purchases.