Amex Platinum Card Upgrade Offer for 60,000 Points (Targeted)
Some American Express cardholders are being targeted with an offer to upgrade to the Amex Platinum card and also receive 60,000 Membership Rewards points. You can find this Amex Platinum Card upgrade offer either in your account, or could have been sent by email.
To be eligible to earn the 60,000 Membership Rewards points, you must be enrolled in the Membership Rewards program at the time of purchase. 60,000 Membership Rewards points will be credited to your account after you charge a total of $3,000 (the “Threshold Amount”) or more of purchases on your Platinum Card® from American Express within the first 3 months of Platinum Card® Membership. Qualifying purchases can be made by the Basic Card Member and any Additional Card Members on a single Card account.
When you upgrade, your card anniversary date doesn’t change. You will be charged a prorated annual membership fee for your new Card based on the time remaining until your next account anniversary date.
- 5X MR points on airfare booked directly with airlines or through Amex Travel
- 5X MR points on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com
- 1X MR points on all other purchases
- $200 in annual Uber savings ($15 in Uber Cash for U.S. rides every month plus a bonus $20 in December)
- Complimentary Eats Pass Membership for up to 12 months – a value of up to $119 (typically $9.99/month). Card Members must enroll by December 31, 2021.
- $200 airline fee credit
- $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue or Saks.com. That's up to $50 on a semi-annual basis. Enrollment required.
- Receive one Global Entry ($100) statement credit or one TSA Precheck ($85) statement credit
- Access to over 1,300+ airport lounges, including The Centurion lounge, Delta Sky Clubs, Airspace Lounges and Priority Pass Select membership
- Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status
- Hilton Honors Gold Status
- Unlimited Boingo internet access
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Complimentary membership in premium car rental programs, including special upgrades and discounts.
- $25 in statement credits each month for ‘Variis by Equinox’ until April 1, 2021.
- Platinum Card Concierge available 24/7 to help with anything from special dinner reservations to finding the perfect gift. Simply call the number on the back of your Card and say "Concierge".
- More perks and benefits.
- Annual Fee: $550
- Annual fee of $175 for up to 3 Additional Platinum Cards. Annual fee for 4th or more Additional Platinum Cards is $175 each.
- There is no additional fee for Gold Cards.
This Amex Platinum Card upgrade offer is a great opportunity if you are targeted. There’s no hard pull when upgrading. You can receive the upgrade bonus even if you’ve had the card previously. You could also possibly still be eligible for future offers on the card, even after the upgrade (assuming you never had the card before).
Let me know if you’re targeted or if you see any different offers.