Amex Platinum Card Upgrade Offer
Some American Express cardholders are being targeted with a new offer to upgrade to the Amex Platinum Card. You can receive 75,000 Membership Rewards points, plus 5X earning on select purchases. This latest offer was sent out by mail, but you can also sometimes find them in your accounts. There are also bonuses of up to 150,000 points for this card, so even applying directly makes a lot of sense right now if you get that offer.
- Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $6,000 or more on your Platinum Card from American Express within the first 6 months of Platinum Card Membership.
- Plus, earn 5x points on eligible purchases on your new Card at US supermarkets, US gas stations and restaurants worldwide on up to $15,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership. That’s an additional 4 points on top of the 1 point you earn for these purchases.
This offer was sent out by mail, for an upgrade from the Amex Gold Card.
When you upgrade, your card anniversary date doesn’t change. American Express changes you a prorated annual membership fee for your new Card based on the time remaining until your next account anniversary date. Keep in mind that the annual fee for the Amex Platinum card is now $695.
Best Credit Card Signup Bonuses
- 5X MR points on airfare booked directly with airlines or through Amex Travel
- 5X MR points on eligible hotels booked through Amex Travel
- 1X MR points on all other purchases
- $200 in annual Uber savings ($15 in Uber Cash for U.S. rides every month plus a bonus $20 in December)
- $200 in statement credits per calendar year for airline incidental fees. Enrollment required.
- $200 Hotel Credit for prepaid bookings at Fine Hotels + Resorts(R) or The Hotel Collection bookings, which requires a minimum two-night stay, through American Express Travel.
- $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue or Saks.com. That's up to $50 on a semi-annual basis. Enrollment required.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit ($20/month) on eligible purchases or subscriptions: The Disney Bundle, Disney+, ESPN+, Hulu, Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM and The New York Times.
- Receive one Global Entry ($100) statement credit or one TSA Precheck ($85) statement credit
- $189 CLEAR Credit annually.
- Access to over 1,400+ airport lounges, including The Centurion lounge, Delta Sky Clubs, Airspace Lounges and Priority Pass Select membership
- Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status
- Hilton Honors Gold Status
- Walmart+ Monthly Membership Credit ($12.95/month)
- $300 SoulCycle At-Home Bike Credit
- Get up to $300 in statement credits each year on a digital or club membership at Equinox.
- Complimentary membership in premium car rental programs, including Hertz President's Circle status and other upgrades and discounts.
- 20% discount on Wheels Up Connect and a 40% discount on Wheels Up Core memberships. Plus, get a $500 or $2,000 credit added to your Wheels Up account to use toward your initial flight
- Resy Dining Benefit
- Platinum Card Concierge available 24/7 to help with anything from special dinner reservations to finding the perfect gift.
- More perks and benefits.
- Annual Fee: $695
Amex Platinum Card Upgrade Offer: Guru’s Wrap-Up
This Amex Platinum Card upgrade offer is a great opportunity if you are targeted. We have seen better upgrade offers in the past, but this is still a good one. There’s no hard pull when upgrading. You can receive the upgrade bonus even if you’ve had the card previously. You could also possibly still be eligible for future offers on the card, even after the upgrade (assuming you never had the card before).
With this offer you earn 75,000 points if you spend $6,000 in the first six months after upgrading. If you complete that spending at supermarkets, gas stations and restaurants, then you get a total of 105,000 Membership rewards points. You can also go ahead and maximize the $15K spending, and you would have a total of 150,000 points once you’re all done. Plus you get all the benefits that come with the Amex Platinum Card, which you see listed above. It’s worth mentioning that you would also earn 4X at restaurants and supermarkets with the Amex Gold Card.
Let me know if you’re targeted or if you see any different offers. If you have never had the Amex Platinum Card in the last seven years, then check out all the possible offers for the Amex Platinum card which go as high as 150K.