Amex Business Platinum Card Upgrade Offer
American Express is targeting some business cardmembers with an offer to upgrade to an Amex Business Platinum Card. We have seen this offer in the past and now there is a new link you can try to see if you are eligible.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 on qualifying purchases with the Business Platinum Card within the first three months of Card Membership. Offers ends 12/31/2020.
- $595 Annual Fee
To request an upgrade, you must be the Basic Card Member. Log in here with the username and password for that Card account.
- 5X points for each dollar of eligible purchases made when you book on the American Express Travel website
- 35% points back after you use points for all or part of an eligible flight booked with Amex Travel, up to 500,000 points back per calendar year.
- 1.5X Points per dollar on eligible purchases of $5,000 of more
- Access to more than 1,000 airport lounges across 120 countries
- Up to a $200 Credit a year for baggage fees and more on one airline
- Receive a statement credit every 4 years after you apply for Global Entry ($100) or TSA Pre® ($85) with an eligible Card.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status
- Hilton Honors™ Gold status
When you upgrade, your card anniversary date doesn’t change. You will be charged a prorated annual membership fee for your new Card based on the time remaining until your next account anniversary date.
This is a good opportunity although we have seen a 75,000 Amex Business Platinum Card upgrade offer in the past. There’s no hard pull when upgrading and you can also receive the upgrade bonus even if you’ve had the card previously. If you currently have another Amex Platinum card, then upgrading to Amex Business Platinum is probably not worth it, since you already get most of the benefits that the card would give you.
Let me know if you’re targeted.