AMEX New 2021 Offers
To kick off the new year, American Express is introducing new offers for U.S. Consumer, Small Business and Cobrand Card Members as well as small merchants to elevate their Membership experience, helping them make the most of time spent at home and helping small businesses get back to business. I already covered some of these new offers yesterday, but American Express reached out with a full list of benefits that cardmembers can take advantage of this year.
U.S. Consumer Platinum Card Members can access up to $1,700 in limited-time offers and discounts for online shopping at some of their favorite merchants, up to $180 in statement credits for PayPal purchases and added value on local travel purchases.
Additionally, Business Platinum and select U.S. Small Business Cards will get access to limited-time cash back bonuses, as well as eCommerce support, to help grow their online presence.
With online shopping on the rise and close-to home travel growing, American Express has introduced a host of new offers for Consumer Card Members with top online merchants like PayPal, Goldbelly and Instacart, as well as offers on hotel stays, airfare and car rentals through Amex Travel. Here are some of the offers worth highlighting:
- Consumer Platinum Card Members can access limited-time offers and discounts for online shopping at some of their favorite merchants and up to $180 in statement credits for PayPal purchases.
- Platinum Card Members and Gold Card Members can receive a complimentary night or property credit of $150 when booking an eligible stay through American Express Travel at participating Hotel Collection properties.
- Platinum Card Members can receive a complimentary night or property credit of $250 or more at participating Fine Hotels + Resorts properties as well as the ability to save up to 20% off the public fare on select flights when booking through AmexTravel.com.
- Membership Rewards® enrolled Card Members can now use Pay with Points or earn 2X Membership Rewards points on prepaid car rental bookings through AmexTravel.com.
With many small businesses getting back to business and planning for the road ahead, American Express is introducing offers for Small Business Card Members across key business spending categories. Some of these offers include:
- Business Platinum Card Members can access up to 400,000 additional Membership Rewards points on purchases made across wireless, shipping, advertising, gas and office supplies.
- Blue Business Plus Card Members can receive cash back of up to $250 on purchases greater than $500.
- Small merchants can also unlock additional value from Sprout Social, BigCommerce and more to help their ecommerce channels grow.
More Offers Coming
In the coming weeks, American Express and its Cobrand partners will also be introducing new limited-time offers for existing Consumer and Business Delta SkyMiles®, Hilton Honors® and Marriott Bonvoy™ Card Members — with more details to come soon.
These new offers definitely add tons of value for cardholders. The $180 credit for PayPal, and $200 at Best Buy and Home Depot, should knock off over half the annual fee. That definitely makes it more enticing to sign up for the card now, or makes it an easier decision to renew if your anniversary date is coming up. The Business Platinum card also has some great earning possibilities at categories where most businesses probably spend a lot of money such as gas, office supplies, advertising and more. It’s great to see American Express bring more value to its premium cards after the wireless and streaming credits ended in 2020.
Let me know what you think of these new perks and offers, and which ones you are most excited about!
DannyDealGuru has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. DannyDealGuru and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.