Amex Business Platinum Card, New Targeted Offer for 190K Points
If you are looking to apply for the Amex Business Platinum card, then this could be a great time to do so. There are several targeted offers for up to 160,000 points and a public offer for 120K points with $15K spend. You can read more here on how to find the best possible bonus. But now there’s an even higher signup bonus available, for 190,000 Membership Rewards points. It’s not necessarily the best offer around, since the spending requirement is doubled. Check the details of this Amex Business Platinum 190K offer below.
These are some of the offers that are showing up:
- Earn 190,000 Membership Rewards Points after you spend $30,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first six months.
There’s no direct link for this offer as far as I know. It was sent out by mail and first reported by Frequent Miler.
- 5X Membership Rewards points for each dollar of eligible purchases made when you book on the American Express Travel website
- Use Membership Rewards Pay with Points for all or part of an eligible fare and get 35% of those points back, up to 1,000,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Earn 1.5X Points per dollar on
- eligible purchases of $5,000 of more
- U.S. Electronics goods, retailers, software, and cloud service providers
- U.S. Construction materials and hardware supplies
- U.S. Shipping providers
- Get up to $400 in statement credits annually for U.S. purchases with Dell Technologies. Get up to $200 in statement credits between January and June, and up to $200 in statement credits between July and December. Enrollment required.
- Up to $120 annual statement credits for purchases made directly from any US wireless telephone provider, up to $10 per month. Enrollment required.
- Indeed - Get up to $360 credit ($90 per quarter). Enrollment required.
- Adobe - $150 annual statement credit. Enrollment required.
- Access to more than 1,400 airport lounges across 120 countries
- $200 in statement credits per calendar year for airline incidental fees. Enrollment required.
- Receive either a statement credit available every 4 years after you apply for Global Entry ($100) or a statement credit available every 4.5 years after you apply for a five-year membership through any Authorized Enrollment Provider for TSA PreCheck (up to $85).
- $189 in statement credits per calendar year for your annual CLEAR membership
- Complimentary membership in premium car rental programs, including Hertz President's Circle status and other upgrades and discounts. Enrollment required.
- Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status
- Hilton Honors Gold status
- Platinum Card Concierge available 24/7 to help with anything from special dinner reservations to finding the perfect gift.
- Resy Dining Benefit
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Annual Fee: $695 (Rates & Fees)
Applying for the Card
Welcome offer not available to applicants who have or have had this Card. If you’re not sure whether you’ve had this card in the past, you can use this trick to find out. Sometimes cards that you’ve had more than 5-7 years ago, will no longer show up in your Amex history. They may also consider the number of American Express Cards you have opened and closed as well as other factors in making a decision on your welcome offer eligibility. Amex has a tool that will let you know whether you qualify for the bonus during the application process. If you’re an existing American Express customer they will only do a soft pull for new card applications.
American Express has a limit of one approved credit card every 5 days and two approved cards every 90 days. There’s also a maximum of 4 or 5 total American Express credit cards that you can have at a given time.
This is the highest offer we have seen so far for the Amex Business Platinum card. 190K points are worth well over $2,000 for most people. But the spending requirement is also high. You need to spend $30,000 within the first six months. That’s double the spending of most other offers.
It’s best to look for one of the targeted bonuses listed here, or apply through a referral for the current public bonus of 120K. If a friend or family member refers you, they can get up to a 45K referral bonus as well.