Amex Business Platinum Card, 100K Welcome Bonus Available by Phone
American Express is once again offering a signup bonus of 100,000 Membership Rewards points for the Business Platinum card. The bonus is better than the current public offer of 75,000 points, but available by phone only. You can also get a 85K welcome bonus through referrals.
Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 on qualifying purchases on the Business Platinum Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Annual fee of $595.
How To get 100K Offer
There’s no link to offer. You need to call in and ask for it. I’m assuming the old steps should still work.
- Call 1-800-971-6736 or 1-800-223-2670
- Choose Option 1, to “apply for a new card”
- You’ll be redirected to a CSR
- Most likely they will offer you the 100K bonus, but in the past some people needed to say that they received a mailer for the offer directly and lost it.
- Call again if you do not get the offer on the first try. Remember to always be polite.
Now they are also able to email you an application, instead of applying by phone.
Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
- 5X Membership Rewards points for each dollar of eligible purchases made when you book on the American Express Travel website
- Use Membership Rewards Pay with Points for all or part of an eligible fare and get 35% of those points back, up to 1,000,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Earn 1.5X Points per dollar on
- eligible purchases of $5,000 of more
- U.S. Electronics goods, retailers, software, and cloud service providers
- U.S. Construction materials and hardware supplies
- U.S. Shipping providers
- Get up to $400 in statement credits annually for U.S. purchases with Dell Technologies. Get up to $200 in statement credits between January and June, and up to $200 in statement credits between July and December. Enrollment required.
- Up to $120 annual statement credits for purchases made directly from any US wireless telephone provider, up to $10 per month. Enrollment required.
- Indeed - Get up to $360 credit ($90 per quarter). Enrollment required.
- Adobe - $150 annual statement credit. Enrollment required.
- Access to more than 1,400 airport lounges across 120 countries
- $200 in statement credits per calendar year for airline incidental fees. Enrollment required.
- Receive either a statement credit available every 4 years after you apply for Global Entry ($100) or a statement credit available every 4.5 years after you apply for a five-year membership through any Authorized Enrollment Provider for TSA PreCheck (up to $85).
- $189 in statement credits per calendar year for your annual CLEAR membership
- Complimentary membership in premium car rental programs, including Hertz President's Circle status and other upgrades and discounts. Enrollment required.
- Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status
- Hilton Honors Gold status
- Platinum Card Concierge available 24/7 to help with anything from special dinner reservations to finding the perfect gift.
- Resy Dining Benefit
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Annual Fee: $695 (Rates & Fees)
100K is as good as it gets for the Amex Business Platinum card. The card has a huge annual fee of $595 but also comes with lots of perks. The travel benefits might not be of much use for the next few months, but they have added temporary perks that can be used while staying at home.
If you are thinking of applying definitely try calling instead of applying online. The public bonus right now is 75K and you can also get 85K through referrals, but you need to spend $20K.
Let me know if it works for you.
One thought on “Amex Business Platinum Card, 100K Welcome Bonus Available by Phone”
Worked, thanks. I applied over the phone earlier today.