Amex Business Gold, Targeted 90K Welcome Offer and No Lifetime Language
The Amex Business Gold Card is a great option for small business who have big expenses for travel, gas, advertising and several other categories. If you are looking to apply for this card, then you can currently get a welcome bonus of 70,000 Membership Rewards points an $300 in credits for advertising and shipping. Being able to apply through a referral link makes this offer much better since you can also earn a referral bonus for a friend or family member. But there is also a better offer, which is targeted and has no lifetime language.
Update: Also check out this link for a 80K offer with $10K spend, if you strike out with the 90K offer. More people are seeing both offer now, so it could be worth another look.
- Apply for the Amex Business Gold Card and earn 90,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $10,000 on eligible purchases on the Card in the first three months of Card Membership.
- $295 Annual Fee
- OFFER LINK (log in to see if you are targeted)
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points on the 2 categories where your business spends the most (up to $150,000 per calendar year):
- Airfare purchased directly from airlines
- U.S. purchases for advertising in select media (online, TV, radio)
- U.S. purchases made directly from select technology providers of computer hardware, software, and cloud solutions
- U.S. purchases at gas stations
- U.S. purchases at restaurants
- U.S. purchases for shipping
- Earn 1X Membership Rewards on all other purchases.
- Book your flight with points at American Express Travel and get 25% back
- Pay Over Time Option
- No preset spending limit
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Trip Delay Insurance, Baggage Insurance Plan and Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance
- Extended Warranty and Purchase Protection for 90 days (up to $1,000 per occurrence, up to $50,000 per Card Member account per calendar year).
Applying for the Card
Usually Amex card bonuses are not available to applicants who have or have had the card in question in the past. But this targeted offer has no lifetime language, which means that you will be eligible for a bonus even if you have had the card within the last 7 years (which is what Amex considers as a lifetime).
American Express has a limit of one approved credit card every 5 days and two approved cards every 90 days. There’s also a maximum of 4 or 5 total American Express credit cards that you can have at a given time.
This 70K Business Gold Card offer is a great opportunity for those who want the card. You get over $900 in value during the first year of card membership. The spending requirement is $10,000 within the first three months, so make sure you can complete it. Ff you have a friend or family member who can refer you, they can earn a big referral bonus up to 30K, making it the better option. But this new targeted offer has no lifetime language and also gets you a 90K bonus, without needing a referral.
The card itself is a great product for small businesses, earning 4X Membership Rewards points on the 2 categories where your business spends the most (up to $150,000 per calendar year). Included categories are gas, restaurants, airlines, advertising and more.