Amex Business Gold Card, 60K Welcome Bonus Possible
If the Amex Business Gold card is on your list, then you can currently get a slightly better bonus than usual. There is a 60K welcome bonus available that is showing for some people. This increased offer shows up when opening the direct link through a clean browser. However it is not guaranteed that everyone will see it. You can try different browsers, and it could also vary by location. Let’s see what this offer looks like.
- Earn 35,000 points when you spend $5,000 on eligible purchases with the American Express Business Gold Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Earn an additional 25,000 points after you spend an extra $2,500 on eligible purchases on the Card within that same time period.
- Annual Fee: $295 (not waived)
Try this link and see if the 60K welcome offer shows up. You could also see 50K or just 35K instead.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points on the 2 categories where your business spends the most (up to $150,000 per calendar year):
- Airfare purchased directly from airlines
- U.S. purchases for advertising in select media (online, TV, radio)
- U.S. purchases made directly from select technology providers of computer hardware, software, and cloud solutions
- U.S. purchases at gas stations
- U.S. purchases at restaurants
- U.S. purchases for shipping
- Earn 1X Membership Rewards on all other purchases.
- Book your flight with points at American Express Travel and get 25% back
- Pay Over Time Option
- No preset spending limit
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Trip Delay Insurance, Baggage Insurance Plan and Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance
- Extended Warranty and Purchase Protection for 90 days (up to $1,000 per occurrence, up to $50,000 per Card Member account per calendar year).
This is a solid offer, but not the best we have seen for the Amex Business Gold. We recently saw an even better welcome bonus that was available through referrals. With that offer you could get 75,000 points with $10K spend. That was $2,500 more in spending, but also 15K more points. I think most people would take the higher offer in a heartbeat.
Being able to apply through a referral was an added bonus as well. It could even be better to do so, even if you see a 50K welcome offer through referral links. Some current cardholders are able to earn 30K for every person they refer. So that would be a total of 80,000 points.
If you really want the card now, it could make sense to apply for the 60K bonus if you get it to show up. But I would wait for a good offer to show up through referral links if you have friends or family members who can refer you. Remember that self referrals are not a good idea.