US Bank $250 Bonus for New Checking Accounts
US Bank is offering a bonus of $250 for new checking accounts. There is a direct deposit requirement for this bonus. You can open the account online, but you need to be in US Bank’s footprint to do so. It is available nearly nationwide, unless you are in NY or FL, where you would need to already have an existing relationship with the bank.
US Bank Bonus
To earn the $250 bonus offer, you must open a new U.S. Bank consumer checking account (excluding Student Checking and Safe Debit Account) online by April 30, 2021. Additionally, you must :
- Use promo code 21WEB04 if opening account online
- Complete recurring direct deposits that total $3,000 or more within 60 days of account opening
- Enroll in e-statements by May 14, 2021.
The checking account bonus will be deposited into your new consumer checking account within 60 days of direct deposit verification, as long as your account is open and account balance is positive. Bonus will be reported as interest earned on IRS form 1099-INT and recipient is responsible for any applicable taxes.
- Offer is available almost nationwide. In NY and FL you must have an existing relationship.
- Offer is not valid if you have an existing U.S. Bank consumer checking account, had a checking account in the last six months, or received other bonus offers within the past six months.
- Current U.S. Bank employees are not eligible.
Easy Checking is the best option. It has a $6.95 monthly fee that is waived:
- Combined monthly direct deposits totaling $1000+
- Average account balance of $1,500.
- Account holder(s) age 65 or greater.
A decent bonus that almost everyone should be eligible for, but we recently saw an offer for $400, which might be worth waiting for if you missed it. You can open the account online. The account is easy to keep fee-free and you need to complete direct deposits that total $3,000 or more within 60 days and enroll in e-statements.
US Bank Bonus Details
- OFFER PAGE
- Promo Code: 21WEB04
- Bonus: $250
- Account Type: Easy Checking
- Availability: Nationwide (probably need to have a US bank location nearby, must have existing relationship for NY and FL)
- Inquiry Type: Soft pull
- Opening Deposit Credit Card Funding: No
- Direct Deposit Requirement: Direct deposits totaling $3,000 or more (see what works)
- Other Requirements: Enroll in e-statements
- Monthly Fee: $6.95 (can be waived)
- Closing Account Fee: None
- Expiration Date: 4/30/21
HT: Doctor of Credit