US Bank $400 Bonus for Checking Accounts
US Bank is offering a bonus of up to $400 for new checking accounts. There is a direct deposit requirement for this bonus. You can open the account online, but you need to be in US Bank’s footprint to do so. It is available nearly nationwide though.
To earn your $100, $200 or $400 bonus, open a new U.S. Bank consumer checking account (excluding Student Checking and Safe Debit Account) from February 9 through and including March 31, 2021 with code 2021Q1C. Additionally, you must complete:
- Recurring direct deposits of two or more within 60 days of account opening that total:
- $1,000-$1,999.99 to earn $100;
- $2,000-$3,999.99 to earn $200;
- $4,000 or more to earn $400.
- Enrolling in e-statements by April 14, 2021.
The checking account bonus will be deposited into your new consumer checking account within 60 days of direct deposit verification, as long as your account is open and account balance is positive. Bonus will be reported as interest earned on IRS form 1099-INT and recipient is responsible for any applicable taxes.
- Offer is available almost nationwide. You must be in a state where they have physical branches.
- Offer is not valid if you have an existing U.S. Bank consumer checking account, had a checking account in the last six months, or received other bonus offers within the past six months.
- Current U.S. Bank employees are not eligible.
Easy Checking is the best option. It has a $6.95 monthly fee that is waived:
- Combined monthly direct deposits totaling $1000+
- Average account balance of $1,500.
- Account holder(s) age 65 or greater.
A good bonus that almost everyone should be eligible for. You can open the account online. The account is easy to keep fee-free and you need to complete two direct deposits to get the bonus. To get $400 those direct deposits need to total $4,000 or more. Then enroll in either U.S. Bank online banking or the U.S. Bank Mobile App.
- OFFER PAGE
- Promo Code: 2021Q1C
- Bonus: $400
- Account Type: Easy Checking
- Availability: Nationwide (probably need to have a US bank location nearby)
- Inquiry Type: Soft pull
- Opening Deposit Credit Card Funding: No
- Direct Deposit Requirement: Two direct deposits that total $4,000 or more (see what works)
- Other Requirements: Enroll in either U.S. Bank online banking or the U.S. Bank Mobile App
- Monthly Fee: $6.95 (can be waived)
- Closing Account Fee: None
- Expiration Date: 3/31/21