US Bank $400 Bonus for Checking Accounts
US Bank is offering a bonus of up to $400 for new checking accounts. There is a direct deposit requirement for this bonus. You can open the account online, but you need to be in US Bank’s footprint to do so. It is available in most states though.
Earn up to a $400 bonus by opening a new U.S. Bank consumer checking account online, excluding Student Checking and Safe Debit Account, by June 13, 2022. Use code 2022MAY. Your bonus amount is determined by the total amount of the direct deposits. Complete two or more direct deposits within 60 days of opening your account that total
- Earn $200 when your direct deposits total $2,500 to $4,999.99.
- Earn $400 when your direct deposits total $5,000 or more.
The checking bonus will be deposited into your new checking account within 60 days of direct deposit verification and verification of enrollment in online banking or the U.S. Bank Mobile App as long as your account is open and has a positive balance. Bonus will be reported as interest earned on IRS form 1099-INT and recipient is responsible for any applicable taxes.
- Offer is available almost nationwide. You must be in a state where they have physical branches.
- Offer is not valid if you or any signer on the account has an existing U.S. Bank consumer checking account, had a U.S. Bank consumer checking account in the last two years, or received other U.S. Bank bonus offers within the past two years.
- Current U.S. Bank employees are not eligible.
Easy Checking is the best option. It has a $6.95 monthly fee that is waived:
- Combined monthly direct deposits totaling $1000+
- Average account balance of $1,500.
- Account holder(s) age 65 or greater.
A good bonus that almost everyone should be eligible for. You can open the account online. The account is easy to keep fee-free and you need to complete two direct deposits to get the bonus. To get $400 those direct deposits need to total $5,000 or more. Then enroll in either U.S. Bank online banking or the U.S. Bank Mobile App.
If this bonus is not for you, then you can check our full list of available bank bonuses. And, if you’re new to bank account bonuses, you can learn more about churning bank accounts here.
- OFFER PAGE
- Promo Code: 2022MAY
- Max Bonus: $400
- Account Type: Easy Checking
- Availability: Nationwide (only states that have US Bank branches)
- Inquiry Type: Soft pull
- Opening Deposit Credit Card Funding: Up to $250
- Direct Deposit Requirement: Two direct deposits that total $5,000 or more (see what works)
- Other Requirements: Enroll in either U.S. Bank online banking or the U.S. Bank Mobile App
- Monthly Fee: $6.95 (can be waived)
- Closing Account Fee: None
- Expiration Date:
3/31/21 12/6/21 2/21/223/28/22 6/13/22
Found a great Bank Offer? Share it with us, so we can share it with our readers!
6 thoughts on “US Bank, Get Up to $400 Bonus for Checking Accounts (Almost Nationwide)”
looks like the direct deposit requirement is $5k, not 4. 🙂 thx for the great content!
Oops, thanks. Fixing it now. And thank you for reading!
One more thing (sorry to bother again!)–it also looks like you can fund $250 w/ CC. I just successfully pulled the trigger. 🙂 It ran as a purchase (not a cash advance).
Hi Danny. Seems like it’s actually limited to states where there are physical branches for USBANK .
I just Tried to apply it because you said it was nationwide . But the link directs you to input your zip code and then denies you enrollment access with the following message
“There are no us bank products and services in your area,”
And the application page asks for residential address and is subject to chexsystems .
Doesn’t seem fair to deny applicants especially since they are promoting online enrollment and online access! Very shortsighted of US BANK and very customer unfriendly to do this to us .
If you have any new information on how to acces this offer from a non-physical USBANK branch state please let me know !
Sent from my iPad
Sent from my iPad
Good point. I should have clarified that. I think it’s 46 or 47 states where they have branches.
Will update it soon.