American Express Unveils New Platinum Card Designs
Update (Jan. 20, 2022) – These new designs are now available. You can choose one of them when you apply for the Amex Platinum card. You can also request one of the new designs here if you’re a current cardholder.
Update (Dec. 2, 2021) – Today, American Express unveiled two new Platinum Card designs by highly-acclaimed artists, Julie Mehretu and Kehinde Wiley, who transformed the card into pieces of art.
Julie Mehretu, a renowned abstract artist, and Kehinde Wiley, famously known for botanical backdrops, each created a Platinum Card design. In addition to the classic Platinum Design, the Art x Platinum designs will be available for new and existing Platinum Card Members beginning January 20, 2022.
New Amex Platinum Card Design Coming in December
Original article Update (Nov. 18, 2021) – American Express has announced an artistic collaborations with world-renowned artists Julie Mehretu and Kehinde Wiley to reimagine and create new designs of the iconic Consumer Platinum Card. The company will also provide $1 million in sponsorship to The Studio Museum in Harlem (the Studio Museum) to support its work as the nexus for artists of African descent, locally, nationally, and internationally.
The Platinum x Julie Mehretu and Platinum x Kehinde Wiley designs will be unveiled in Miami on December 1, and beginning January 20, 2022, Card Members can choose from the two design options as well as the existing Platinum Card design. This announcement follows the recently refreshed U.S. Consumer Platinum Card, which provides Card Members with new lifestyle benefits and experiences.
American Express did a similar artistic partnership for its exclusive Centurion card earlier this year.
- 5X MR points on airfare booked directly with airlines or through Amex Travel
- 5X MR points on eligible hotels booked through Amex Travel
- 1X MR points on all other purchases
- $200 in annual Uber savings ($15 in Uber Cash for U.S. rides every month plus a bonus $20 in December)
- Complimentary Eats Pass Membership for up to 12 months – a value of up to $119 (typically $9.99/month). Card Members must enroll by December 31, 2021.
- $200 annual Airline Fee Credit
- $200 Hotel Credit for prepaid bookings at Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection properties made through American Express Travel.
- $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue or Saks.com. That's up to $50 on a semi-annual basis. Enrollment required.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit ($20/month) on eligible purchases or subscriptions with Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM and The New York Times.
- Receive one Global Entry ($100) statement credit or one TSA Precheck ($85) statement credit
- $179 CLEAR Credit annually.
- Access to over 1,400+ airport lounges, including The Centurion lounge, Delta Sky Clubs, Airspace Lounges and Priority Pass Select membership
- Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status
- Hilton Honors Gold Status
- Walmart+ Monthly Membership Credit ($12.95/month)
- $300 SoulCycle At-Home Bike Credit
- $300 Equinox Credit ($25/month) on purchases of select Equinox Fitness Club monthly memberships or a digital subscription to Equinox+ (the on-demand fitness app).
- Complimentary membership in premium car rental programs, including special upgrades and discounts.
- 20% discount on Wheels Up Connect and a 40% discount on Wheels Up Core memberships. Plus, get a $500 or $2,000 credit added to your Wheels Up account to use toward your initial flight
- Resy Dining Benefit
- Platinum Card Concierge available 24/7 to help with anything from special dinner reservations to finding the perfect gift.
- More perks and benefits.
- Annual Fee: $695 (renewals are still $550 until January 1, 2022)