Get 14 Cheap or Almost Free Wines from WSJwine with Amex Offer
If you are looking for cheap wine, you can currently get some from WSJwine for very cheap or even close to free if everything works out. The site has a deal for 14 bottles for $59.99 and there’s an Amex Offer that gets you a $50 discount. Additionally, you can get another $31.50 from TopCashback.
Let’s look at the deal first, which can be found on the homepage. For $59.99 you get:
- Get 12 wines for ONLY $59.99 as your introduction to the WSJwine Discovery Club.
- Also get two bonus bottles of a 97-point Italian blockbuster
- Plus get a pair of lovely Dartington Crystal stemless glasses (worth $60.97).
On top of the $59.99, you’ll also have to pay $19.99 for shipping, and tax.
$50 Back with Amex Offer
Get a one-time $50 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to make a single purchase of $50 or more online at wsjwine.com/amex by 11/26/2022. Here’s some of the important fine print:
- Offer valid online via US website at wsjwine.com/amex.
- Not valid on purchases shipped outside of the US.
- If you choose to purchase a WSJwine subscription, please note, that unless you notify WSJwine that you want to pause, cancel, or that you do not want to auto renew, your subscription will automatically renew for another subscription period (subject to applicable law) of equal length (for example monthly, or annually).
- You will receive a reminder before your card is automatically charged.
Besides saving $50 with the Amex Offer, you can also get another $31.50 of your purchase back when you shop with WSJwine through TopCashback. You just sign up for free and shop with WSJwine as normal after going through shopping portal.
There’s a possibility that either the cashback or the Amex offer won’t work. However, I completed the purchase through TopCashback and received the Amex Offer email. Again, that doesn’t mean that I will 100% receive the credit, but it’s a good indicator.
Rakuten is also offering $20 back for WSJwine. But both of these sites direct you to the same deal listed above, with a $69.99 price instead.
If you just want to make sure you get the Amex Offer credit, and don’t want to mess with shopping portals, then you’re getting the wine for less than $3 a bottle. With the cash back from TopCashback and the Amex Offer, the wine would be free.
As I mentioned above, it looks like it works for now since I received the Amex Offer email. However, I’ll need to wait a few days for the credit to actually post in my account.
Just make sure you cancel the subscription after your order ships. These wines are definitely not worth the full price.
Also look for a similar Amex Offer for Laithwraites for $40 off $40 (you can use it twice). Works out in similar fashion for cheap wines.