Update: Offer is also available online now.
If you’ve been thinking of getting the Chase Sapphire Preferred credit card, now it could be a good time to do so with the new in-branch offer.
Chase Sapphire Preferred 60K Bonus
Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
$95 annual fee (not waived)
- Earn 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants
- Earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees
- Primary car rental insurance
- Redeem points on Chase’s travel portal at a value of 1.25¢ with 25% travel redemption bonus
- Up to 10 points per dollar at nearly 300 top online retailers when you access those websites through the Ultimate Rewards Mall portal.
Applying for the Card
This offer is available in branch only for now. The card falls under the Chase 5/24 rule.
The product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 48 months. If you are an existing Sapphire customer and would like this product, please call the number on the back of your card to see if you are eligible for a product change. You will not receive the new cardmember bonus if you change products.
This is a good bonus for the Chase Sapphire Preferred card. Online you can only get 50,000 Ultimate Rewards points with the annual fee waived for the first year. So with this in-branch offer you get 10K more Ultimate Rewards, while paying $95. Should be at least $55 better. But there’s a better targeted option out there.