Amex Platinum Card, New 75K Welcome Bonus Publicly Available
The American Express Platinum card has a new increased offer of 75,000 Membership Rewards points. This is 15K better than the usual offer we see on this card. But it should still be better to apply through a referral if you have people that can refer you with a good bonus.
- Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $5,000 on eligible purchases with your new card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Annual fee of $550 is not waived.
The offer is publicly available. You can find it here.
Welcome offer not available to applicants who have or have had this Card. We may also consider the number of American Express Cards you have opened and closed as well as other factors in making a decision on your welcome offer eligibility.
If we in our sole discretion determine that you have engaged in abuse, misuse, or gaming in connection with the welcome offer in any way or that you intend to do so (for example, if you applied for one or more cards to obtain a welcome offer (s) that we did not intend for you; if you cancel or downgrade your account within 12 months after acquiring it; or if you cancel or return purchases you made to meet the Threshold Amount), we may not credit the welcome offer to, we may freeze the welcome offer credited to, or we may take away the welcome offer from your account. We may also cancel this Card account and other Card accounts you may have with us.
- 5X MR points on airfare booked directly with airlines or through Amex Travel
- 5X MR points on eligible hotels booked through Amex Travel
- 1X MR points on all other purchases
- $200 in annual Uber savings ($15 in Uber Cash for U.S. rides every month plus a bonus $20 in December)
- $200 in statement credits per calendar year for airline incidental fees. Enrollment required.
- $200 Hotel Credit for prepaid bookings at Fine Hotels + Resorts(R) or The Hotel Collection bookings, which requires a minimum two-night stay, through American Express Travel.
- $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue or Saks.com. That's up to $50 on a semi-annual basis. Enrollment required.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit ($20/month) on eligible purchases or subscriptions: The Disney Bundle, Disney+, ESPN+, Hulu, Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM and The New York Times.
- Receive one Global Entry ($100) statement credit or one TSA Precheck ($85) statement credit
- $189 CLEAR Credit annually.
- Access to over 1,400+ airport lounges, including The Centurion lounge, Delta Sky Clubs, Airspace Lounges and Priority Pass Select membership
- Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status
- Hilton Honors Gold Status
- Walmart+ Monthly Membership Credit ($12.95/month)
- $300 SoulCycle At-Home Bike Credit
- Get up to $300 in statement credits each year on a digital or club membership at Equinox.
- Complimentary membership in premium car rental programs, including Hertz President's Circle status and other upgrades and discounts.
- 20% discount on Wheels Up Connect and a 40% discount on Wheels Up Core memberships. Plus, get a $500 or $2,000 credit added to your Wheels Up account to use toward your initial flight
- Resy Dining Benefit
- Platinum Card Concierge available 24/7 to help with anything from special dinner reservations to finding the perfect gift.
- More perks and benefits.
- Annual Fee: $695
This new offer gives you 75,000 Membership Rewards points bonus, which should give you a value of at least $1,200. You do have to pay the annual fee of $550 and keep in mind that currently you can’t take advantage of all benefits that the Amex Platinum card offers, if you can’t travel.
The best route would still be going through referrals. Some people are able to see a 75K offer through those links as well, and combined with a referral bonus that could be a better route.