Amex Platinum Card, New 75K Welcome Bonus Publicly Available
The American Express Platinum card has a new increased offer of 75,000 Membership Rewards points. This is 15K better than the usual offer we see on this card. But it should still be better to apply through a referral if you have people that can refer you with a good bonus.
- Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $5,000 on eligible purchases with your new card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Annual fee of $550 is not waived.
The offer is publicly available. You can find it here.
Welcome offer not available to applicants who have or have had this Card. We may also consider the number of American Express Cards you have opened and closed as well as other factors in making a decision on your welcome offer eligibility.
- 5X MR points on airfare booked directly with airlines or through Amex Travel
- 5X MR points on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com
- 1X MR points on all other purchases
- $200 in annual Uber savings ($15 in Uber Cash for U.S. rides every month plus a bonus $20 in December)
- Complimentary Eats Pass Membership for up to 12 months – a value of up to $119 (typically $9.99/month). Card Members must enroll by December 31, 2021.
- $200 airline fee credit
- $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue or Saks.com. That's up to $50 on a semi-annual basis. Enrollment required.
- Receive one Global Entry ($100) statement credit or one TSA Precheck ($85) statement credit
- Access to over 1,300+ airport lounges, including The Centurion lounge, Delta Sky Clubs, Airspace Lounges and Priority Pass Select membership
- Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status
- Hilton Honors Gold Status
- Unlimited Boingo internet access
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Complimentary membership in premium car rental programs, including special upgrades and discounts.
- $25 in statement credits each month for ‘Variis by Equinox’ until April 1, 2021.
- Platinum Card Concierge available 24/7 to help with anything from special dinner reservations to finding the perfect gift. Simply call the number on the back of your Card and say "Concierge".
- More perks and benefits.
- Annual Fee: $550
- Annual fee of $175 for up to 3 Additional Platinum Cards. Annual fee for 4th or more Additional Platinum Cards is $175 each.
- There is no additional fee for Gold Cards.
This new offer gives you 75,000 Membership Rewards points bonus, which should give you a value of at least $1,200. You do have to pay the annual fee of $550 and keep in mind that currently you can’t take advantage of all benefits that the Amex Platinum card offers, if you can’t travel.
The best route would still be going through referrals. Some people are able to see a 75K offer through those links as well, and combined with a referral bonus that could be a better route.