Amex Platinum Card, Targeted 100K Offer with No Lifetime Language
American Express is targeting some customers with an offer of 100,000 Membership Rewards points for the personal Platinum Card. The offer was sent out by by email, titled “Here’s your chance to earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® points. Apply for Platinum.” You need to enter your RSVP code and last four of your SSN in order to apply. It doesn’t have the lifetime language.
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards points after you make a total of $5,000 or more of purchases on your Platinum Card® from American Express within the first 3 months of Platinum Card® Membership. Qualifying purchases can be made by the Basic Card Member and any Additional Card Members on a single Card account.
- Annual Fee: $550
The link in the email brings you to this application page. The terms in the offer don’t have any lifetime restrictions so you are eligible to apply as long as you receive the email directly. You should still double check the terms in your offer to make sure.
- 5X MR points on airfare booked directly with airlines or through Amex Travel
- 5X MR points on eligible hotels booked through Amex Travel
- 1X MR points on all other purchases
- $200 in annual Uber savings ($15 in Uber Cash for U.S. rides every month plus a bonus $20 in December)
- Complimentary Eats Pass Membership for up to 12 months – a value of up to $119 (typically $9.99/month). Card Members must enroll by December 31, 2021.
- $200 annual Airline Fee Credit
- $200 Hotel Credit for prepaid bookings at Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection properties made through American Express Travel.
- $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue or Saks.com. That's up to $50 on a semi-annual basis. Enrollment required.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit ($20/month) on eligible purchases or subscriptions with Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM and The New York Times.
- Receive one Global Entry ($100) statement credit or one TSA Precheck ($85) statement credit
- $179 CLEAR Credit annually.
- Access to over 1,400+ airport lounges, including The Centurion lounge, Delta Sky Clubs, Airspace Lounges and Priority Pass Select membership
- Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status
- Hilton Honors Gold Status
- Walmart+ Monthly Membership Credit ($12.95/month)
- $300 SoulCycle At-Home Bike Credit
- $300 Equinox Credit ($25/month) on purchases of select Equinox Fitness Club monthly memberships or a digital subscription to Equinox+ (the on-demand fitness app).
- Complimentary membership in premium car rental programs, including special upgrades and discounts.
- 20% discount on Wheels Up Connect and a 40% discount on Wheels Up Core memberships. Plus, get a $500 or $2,000 credit added to your Wheels Up account to use toward your initial flight
- Resy Dining Benefit
- Platinum Card Concierge available 24/7 to help with anything from special dinner reservations to finding the perfect gift.
- More perks and benefits.
- Annual Fee: $695 (renewals are still $550 until January 1, 2022)
This Amex Platinum Card offer is a great one. It gets better for those who have already had the card within the last seven years, since it doesn’t have any lifetime restrictions.
If you want the card but didn’t get this email, currently this link should show an offer for 75K Membership rewards points plus 10X at gas stations and supermarkets. You can also apply through referrals.