Amex Offers, Earn 5% (Up to $10) at Supermarkets
Check your American Express credit cards for the following offer:
- Get 5% back as a statement credit by using your enrolled Card to make purchases in-store or online at a U.S. Supermarket by 8/31/2020. Limit of $10 in total statement credits.
The offer is targeted.
- Offer valid for in-store and online eligible purchases at U.S. Supermarkets. An “eligible purchase” means a purchase made with your enrolled Card at a U.S. supermarket location by 8/31/2020.
- “Supermarket” means a standalone merchant in the U.S. primarily selling supermarket products.
- Excludes gasoline purchases and gift card purchases.
- Specialty Food Stores, Superstores, and Warehouse Clubs are not considered Supermarket stores.
- Expires 8/31/2020.
Amex Offers are an extra perk on all American Express credit cards, charge cards, and even prepaid cards. You can see these offers in your account online and you will usually get a statement credit or earn extra MR points for spending a certain amount at a specific merchant.
You will need to add the offer to a specific card, and then use that card to get the credit. To add offers to a card, log into your account online, scroll down to the “Amex Offers & Benefits” section and click “Add to Card” for offers that you plan to use.
You should add the offer to your preferred card. Amex Offers are now limited to just one per person, or maybe two if you are lucky. But Amex is being very strict about one per person rule and have sent out notices that they will claw back credits if you have used an offer multiple times. You can however use the Membership Rewards version and the statement credit version of the same offer without issues.
For third party Amex cards you can use this new website, American Express Connect, to check for offers and also add them to your cards.
Limited to $10 in total statement credits. You can maximize it with a $200 purchase. It’s even better if you have it on a card such as Amex Blue Cash Preferred or Amex Old Blue Cash that already earn 6% and 5% respectively.