Amex Business Platinum Card Gets $179 CLEAR Credit
While all the talk today has been about the Amex Platinum card, the Business Platinum also got an upgrade. With the fee going up to $695 on the consumer version of the card, Amex Business Platinum is now the most affordable option, and it also gets you the CLEAR benefit. This is billed as a $179 annual credit, but you can often find CLEAR memberships for cheaper, or even free through promotions. There’s currently a free 3 month offer if you don’t have a Platinum Card and we have seen a 12 month free membership in the past.
$179 CLEAR Credit
You can earn up to $179 in statement credits per calendar year when you use your Business Platinum Card to pay for your annual CLEAR membership. Enrollment in CLEAR is required. CLEAR memberships automatically renew each year unless canceled and CLEAR will charge the applicable membership fee to the Card CLEAR has on file.
Purchases by both the Basic Card Member and any Additional Card Members on the Card Account are eligible for statement credits. However, the total amount of statement credits for eligible purchases will not exceed $179 on the Card Account per calendar year.
Please allow up to 2-4 weeks after a qualifying CLEAR transaction is charged to your Card Account for the statement credit to be posted to the Account. American Express relies on accurate transaction data to identify eligible CLEAR purchases. If you do not see a credit for a qualifying purchase on your eligible Card after 4 weeks, please call the number on the back of your Card.
To be eligible for this benefit, your Card account must not be cancelled or past due at the time of statement credit fulfillment. If a charge for an eligible purchase is included in a Pay Over Time feature balance on your Card Account, the statement credit associated with that charge may not be applied to that Pay Over Time feature balance. Instead, the statement credit may be applied to your Pay In Full balance.
How CLEAR Works
By replacing your ID with your eyes and fingertips, CLEAR helps you get through security faster at major airports, sports stadiums and other venues across the US. At PARTICIPATING AIRPORTS, look for the CLEAR Lane at TSA security checkpoints and a CLEAR Ambassador will greet you. At the CLEAR pod, you’ll scan your boarding pass, confirm your identity with your fingerprints or irises, and then an agent will escort you straight to physical screening.
Those with TSA PreCheck can also enjoy CLEAR to speed even faster through the full airport security and screening process. If you are TSA PreCheck eligible for your flight, visit the CLEAR Lane and verify your identity. It recognizes TSA PreCheck eligibility on your boarding pass and escort you to the TSA PreCheck expedited lanes for physical screening. Check here before your next flight to see which CLEAR Lanes are situated next to TSA PreCheck.
CLEAR at sports and entertainment venues is included with a CLEAR Plus membership. Members can simply go to the CLEAR Lane at the entrance, tap their fingers, and be on their way to enjoy the big event. It’s the same fast and friendly service as the airport.
- 5X Membership Rewards points for each dollar of eligible purchases made when you book on the American Express Travel website
- Earn 1.5X Points per dollar on
- eligible purchases of $5,000 of more
- U.S. Electronics goods, retailers, software, and cloud service providers
- U.S. Construction materials and hardware supplies
- U.S. Shipping providers
- Use Membership Rewards Pay with Points for all or part of an eligible fare and get 35% of those points back, up to 1,000,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Get up to $400 in statement credits annually for U.S. purchases with Dell Technologies. Get up to $200 in statement credits between January and June, and up to $200 in statement credits between July and December. Enrollment required.
- Up to $120 annual statement credits for purchases made directly from any US wireless telephone provider, up to $10 per month. Enrollment required.
- Indeed - Get up to $360 credit ($90 per quarter). Enrollment required.
- Adobe - $150 annual statement credit. Enrollment required.
- Access to more than 1,400 airport lounges across 120 countries
- $200 in statement credits per calendar year for airline incidental fees. Enrollment required.
- Receive a statement credit every 4 years for Global Entry ($100) or every 4.5 years for TSA PreCheck (up to $85).
- Cover the cost of a CLEAR Plus membership with up to $189 in statement credits per year after you pay with your Business Platinum Card. Enrollment required.
- Complimentary membership in premium car rental programs, including Hertz President's Circle status and other upgrades and discounts. Enrollment required.
- Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status
- Hilton Honors Gold status
- Platinum Card Concierge available 24/7 to help with anything from special dinner reservations to finding the perfect gift.
- Resy Dining Benefit
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Primary Cardholder Annual Fee: $695 (Rates & Fees)
- Additional Employee Cards Fees:
- $350 annual fee for each Employee Business Platinum Card
- No Annual Fee for Employee Business Expense Card