Wells Fargo Propel Card Going Away, Apply Now if Interested
The Wells Fargo Propel World American Express card is no longer available online. However, you can still apply for it if you are interested. The only ways to get the card now are by calling Wells Fargo, or visiting a local branch. And even then it might take a while for bank reps to figure out how to process your request.
But if you want the card, you should apply now, because Well Fargo will discontinue both the Propel and Propel World credit cards. The information comes from a redditor that cites internal documents. The last day to apply could be 4/19/21.
Here’s the offer that you should be able to get by calling, or in-branch:
- Earn 40,000 bonus points (worth $400) when you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months.
- 0% APR for 12 months
- Annual Fee: $175 (waived first year)
- 3x points per dollar spent on Airline transactions
- 2x points per dollar spent on Hotel transactions
- 1x points per dollar spent on everything else
- No cap on the amount of points you can earn and your points do not expire.
- Points can be used at a value of 1 cent each for gift cards, cash back, or travel.
- Get up to $100 in reimbursements each year for qualifying incidental airline charges like airline lounges, baggage fees, and more.
- No foreign transaction fees
- Complimentary room upgrades and more from the Luxury Hotel Program
- Access to Amex Offers
This card gives you good value during the first year. The $175 fee is waived and you get a welcome bonus that is worth $400. You also get $100 in reimbursements each year for airline incidentals. So that’s easily $500 worth.
Call or visit a branch now if you are interested in applying. And make sure to apply for the Wells Fargo Propel World card, not Wells Fargo Propel.