Schwab Amex Platinum, 100K Bonus Plus 10X for Shop Small and Restaurant Purchases
Unlike other versions of the Amex Platinum Card that only let you cash out points at 0.6¢, the Charles Schwab Platinum can get you 1.25¢. While you could be able to get more value through travel partners, this is a favorite option for many, since it lets you get a competitive and constant cash value. You can read more on how you can apply, and cash out points. But that value will go down soon to 1.10¢.
And if you are planning to apply before the rumored fee increase, then there’s good news. There’s currently a 100,000 Membership Rewards offer that also comes with 10X earning for restaurants and Shop Small purchases. The Morgan Stanley Amex Platinum Card also has the same bonus.
Update: The annual fee is now up to $695. The offer mentioned below now also shows up through the public link, before you log in.
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $6,000 with your new card in the first 6 months.
- Plus earn 10x points on eligible purchases at restaurants worldwide and when you Shop Small in the U.S., on up to $25,000 in combined purchases during the first six months for card membership. That’s an additional 9x points to the 1x point that you already earn.
- Annual Fee:
- The offer shows up after you log in at Schwab (Learn how to Apply for this card)
- 5X MR points on airfare booked directly with airlines or through Amex Travel
- 5X MR points on eligible hotels booked through Amex Travel
- 1X MR points on all other purchases
- $200 in annual Uber savings ($15 in Uber Cash for U.S. rides every month plus a bonus $20 in December)
- Complimentary Eats Pass Membership for up to 12 months – a value of up to $119 (typically $9.99/month). Card Members must enroll by December 31, 2021.
- $200 annual Airline Fee Credit
- $200 Hotel Credit for prepaid bookings at Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection properties made through American Express Travel.
- $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue or Saks.com. That's up to $50 on a semi-annual basis. Enrollment required.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit ($20/month) on eligible purchases or subscriptions with Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM and The New York Times.
- Receive one Global Entry ($100) statement credit or one TSA Precheck ($85) statement credit
- $179 CLEAR Credit annually.
- $300 Equinox Credit ($25/month) on purchases of select Equinox Fitness Club monthly memberships or a digital subscription to Equinox+ (the on-demand fitness app).
- Access to over 1,400+ airport lounges, including The Centurion lounge, Delta Sky Clubs, Airspace Lounges and Priority Pass Select membership
- Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status
- Hilton Honors Gold Status
- Complimentary membership in premium car rental programs, including special upgrades and discounts.
- 20% discount on Wheels Up Connect and a 40% discount on Wheels Up Core memberships. Plus, get a $500 or $2,000 credit added to your Wheels Up account to use toward your initial flight
- Resy Dining Benefit
- Platinum Card Concierge available 24/7 to help with anything from special dinner reservations to finding the perfect gift.
- More perks and benefits.
- Annual Fee: $695 (renewals are still $550 until January 1, 2022)
This is a great offer for the Schwab Amex Platinum card. It can add up to a total bonus 350,000 Membership Rewards points if you complete the spending requirement for the signup bonus and maximize the full $25,000 spend on Shop Small purchases and restaurants. On top of that you can redeem points for 1.25 cents each for the next few months.
HT: Agile Travel