You Can Now Product Change to Chase Freedom Flex
Monday, the new Chase Freedom Flex card should become available for applications. But today, September 13, you can already get the card through product changing one of your other eligible Chase cards, as expected. What wasn’t expected is that you can actually product change from a no-fee Sapphire or a Sapphire Preferred. Doctor of Credit writes of data points for both. From the information that Chase has given out so far, you were only supposed to be able to product change from a old Freedom to Freedom Flex. It’s not clear if this is an early glitch, or just how it is supposed to work. I would guess the latter.
Another interesting piece of information is that phone reps are saying that the Freedom Flex is not eligible for mobile wallets. That sounds strange.
If you want to apply for the card directly you will have to wait until tomorrow. The Chase Freedom Flex card is considered a new product, so you will be able to apply and get the bonus on this card even if you previously received a bonus on the old Freedom or the Freedom Unlimited.
Chase Freedom Flex Offer
There is no bonus when you product change, but if you apply and are approved for the no-fee Freedom Flex, you will receive the following welcome offer:
- $200 cash back after spending $500 on purchases in the first three months
- Plus 5% cash back on grocery store purchases for the first year (on up to $12,000).
The card also has the following benefits:
- 5% on Bonus Quarterly Categories – Each quarter they activate, cardmembers will receive 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases on bonus categories such as grocery stores, select streaming services and many others.
- 5% on Travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards, including vacation and car rentals.
- 3% on Dining purchases, including take out or eligible delivery services.
- 3% on Drugstore purchases on daily essentials like medicine, toiletries, diapers and other items.
- 1% unlimited cash back on all other purchases.
Freedom Flex cardmembers will receive Mastercard’s leading World Elite Benefits including:
- Cell Phone Insurance – Up to $800 per claim and $1,000 per year in cell phone protection against theft or damage for phones listed on cardmembers’ monthly bill.
- Lyft – $10 in credit for every five rides taken in a calendar month, automatically applied to the next ride and capped at once per month.
- Boxed – 5% cash rewards on Boxed purchases for use on future purchases.
- ShopRunner – Free membership to receive two-day shipping and free return shipping at over a hundred online retailers.
- Fandango – Double VIP+ points for movie tickets purchased via the Fandango app or Fandango.com, which can be used towards purchasing movie tickets on Fandango or towards streaming movies and TV shows on FandangoNOW.