Plastiq Promo, Pay 1.95% Fee on 3x $10K Payments in February
Plastiq has a new promotion this month, but it is not as good as the ones we have recently seen. You can submit up to three payments ($10,000 or less each) and benefit from a 1.95% Plastiq fee. You can use any credit card, so this is a good opportunity if you need to increase your spending for a welcome bonus or other spending requirements, by paying bills that you wouldn’t be able to pay with a credit card otherwise.
Here’s how it works:
- Select a recipient to pay.
- Enter a payment amount (up to $10,000).
- Submit your payment using your preferred credit card.
- On the payment review page, make sure your payment is processed before 11:59 PM EST on February 29, 2020.
- Repeat up to 3 times
Use your favorite credit card to pay a wide variety of bills – from rent and car payments to utilities and business expenses. Check out this chart more more info.
Depending on the funding method of your recipient (paper check or electronic transfer), the processing date can be as soon as same-day (in which you will be notified prior to payment submission).
- Promotion is available only to direct recipients of this email notifying them of their eligibility and cannot be combined with other Plastiq promotions or fee free dollars (FFDs). This promotion is non-transferable.
- Promotion can be applied on up to three payments per account.
- Payments must be made with a credit card associated with this eligible member’s account and must not exceed $10,000 per transaction. Eligible customers can submit immediate payments or schedule payments to be processed before 11:59 PM EST on February 29, 2020. The Plastiq 1.95% fee will automatically be applied when the payment is processed.
- Editing, altering, canceling or rescheduling payments with this promotion applied will forfeit the service fee rate of 1.95%.
- Plastiq reserves the right to cancel or modify the promotion at any time.
Sign Up for Plastiq
Plastiq is a service that lets you pay bills with a credit card. You can pay your rent, mortgage or any other bill that you have, either by check or ACH. They charge fees for using a credit card, but sometimes they have promotions like this one, which make it worthwhile. Even paying the full fee of 2.5% makes sense sometimes if you need to complete minimum spending requirements in a hurry.
If you’ve never tried Plastiq you can sign up through my referral and you get $500 in fee-free spending. That means that you can pay any bill up to $500 with a credit card with no fee. There’s also a better bonus for business accounts.
Previous offers lowered the fee to 1% or 1.5%, so paying a 1.95% fee is not nearly as good. Bit it is better than the normal 2.5% fee that Plastiq charges and can make sense for cards that earn at least 2x in cashback or rewards. You need to have received an email in order to qualify.