Morgan Stanley Amex Blue Cash Preferred Review
Morgan Stanley and American Express have teamed up to offer a new product, the Morgan Stanley Blue Cash Preferred® American Express Card. This a card for clients with an eligible Morgan Stanley brokerage account. The Blue Cash Preferred Card joins the Platinum Card in the portfolio of American Express Cards exclusively for Morgan Stanley.
With the Morgan Stanley Blue Cash Preferred American Express Card, Card Members can earn an exclusive $100 statement credit each calendar year and cash back up to 6% on their everyday purchases like groceries, gas, transit, and streaming services.
The new Morgan Stanley Blue Cash Preferred American Express Card comes with a welcome offer of a $400 statement credit, a $0 annual fee for the first year ($95 annual fee thereafter) and an intro 0% APR. Let’s get into this Morgan Stanley Amex Blue Cash Preferred review.
Update: There’s a new best ever bonus of $400 that still comes with no annual fee the first year.
- Earn a $400 statement credit after you spend $3,000 on eligible purchases with your new Morgan Stanley Blue Cash Preferred® American Express Card in the first six months of card membership.
- 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable APR aplies.
- $0 annual fee for the first year ($95 annual fee thereafter).
- APPLY HERE
Morgan Stanley Blue Cash Preferred Card is only available to you if you have an Eligible Account with Morgan Stanley Smith Barney LLC or its eligible affiliates, including but not limited to E*TRADE Securities LLC (“Morgan Stanley”).
The new Morgan Stanley Blue Cash Preferred American Express Card is the same as the regular Amex Blue Cash Preferred Card, but it has one extra $100 statement credit that you can earn every year if you spend $15,000.
- Exclusive Morgan Stanley Benefit: $100 statement credit every year after spending $15,000 on eligible purchases
- Award-Winning Cash Back Program Access:
- 6% cash back at US supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases, then 1% afterward
- 6% cash back on select US streaming subscriptions
- 3% cash back at US gas stations and on transit
- 1% cash back on other eligible purchases
- $120 Equinox+ Credit (earn $10 in statement credits per month, up to $120 per calendar year)
- Amex Backing and Experiences:
- Car Rental Insurance
- Global Assist Hotline
- Dispute Resolution
- Entertainment Access
- Buy Now, Pay Later with Plan It®: Pay for purchases of $100 or more in monthly installments with a fixed fee (see Plan It terms)
Morgan Stanley Amex Blue Cash Preferred Review: Guru’s Wrap-up
The regular Amex Blue Cash Preferred card earn the best rate for grocery purchases as 6% for the first $6,000 per year. And now you can earn that with the Morgan Stanley Blue Cash Preferred American Express Card as well.
The new card is exclusive to clients with an eligible Morgan Stanley brokerage account. But it comes with an added benefit of $100 statement credit every year after spending $15,000 on eligible purchases. Most people who have the card would probably spend $6,000 a year anyway to maximize the grocery category. But spending an additional $9,000 to get that $100 credit is probably not worth it for most people.
The Morgan Stanley Blue Cash Preferred American Express Card is also a different product from the plain version. So you can sign up and get the bonus even if you have or have had the Amex Blue Cash Preferred in the past.
2 thoughts on “Morgan Stanley Amex Blue Cash Preferred: $400 Bonus, $100 Credit and Waived Fee for First Year”
Are we sure this is a new product? Different from BCP?
I’m pretty sure it’s a new product. The same way the MS Plat is a different product from the regular Amex Plat card.