Hyatt Celebrates Official Opening of its 1,000th Property
Hyatt today announced the official opening of Hyatt’s 1,000th hotel worldwide, Alila Napa Valley in St. Helena, Calif. Founder Jay Pritzker purchased the first Hyatt hotel in 1957. Since then, Hyatt has built an impressive portfolio, and the award-winning World of Hyatt guest loyalty program. To celebrate the 1,000th hotel addition, World of Hyatt is offering members the opportunity to earn 1,000 Bonus Points per qualifying night at participating new Hyatt hotels around the world.
Alila Napa Valley
Marking the expansion of Hyatt’s luxury lifestyle Alila brand portfolio with the brand’s second property in the Americas, Alila Napa Valley offers guests crafted luxury, innovative design, and bespoke experiences in one of the world’s most famous wine regions. The 68-room adults-only restorative retreat is surrounded by the pristine Home Vineyards of the Beringer Estate and features an outdoor pool overlooking adjacent vineyards and distant mountains, a seasonally driven restaurant and bar with a local, sustainable menu and Spa Alila and Fitness Center with transformative, customized treatments.
“Hyatt’s thoughtful journey to 1,000 hotels has been grounded in listening, growing, and innovating along the way to meet guest, member, customer and owner needs,” said Jim Chu, Hyatt’s executive vice president of global franchising and development. “Today, we remain focused on expanding our global footprint and building our business based on where we can best extend care and make a positive impact on our guests and the communities in which we operate. With a strong pipeline of new openings and developments, Hyatt continues to offer differentiated experiences that will cater to the growing demand for leisure destinations our guests are seeking as they get back to travel.”
Planned 2021 Hyatt Property Opening Highlights
In 2021, Hyatt plans to welcome several properties to its portfolio in key global markets. Highlights across brands include:
The Alila brand features luxury hotels in unique locations, distinguished by innovative eco-design and a strong commitment to sustainable tourism. Alila means “surprise” in Sanskrit, which suitably describes the refreshing character of Alila hotels and the impression guests feel when they stay as a guest. alilahotels.com
- Alila Marea Beach Resort Encinitas (130 guestrooms) in Encinitas, Calif.
- Alila Dalit Bay (152 guestrooms) in Sabah, Malaysia
- Alila Hinu Bay (112 guestrooms) in Salalah, Oman
Global in scale while local in perspective, the Andaz brand of luxury lifestyle hotels weave the sights, sounds, and tastes of each property’s surroundings for a distinctively local experience. Every Andaz hotel is a unique expression of the culture that surrounds it and enables guests to go beyond the familiar and satiate their curiosity. andaz.com
- Andaz Bali (149 guestrooms) in Bali, Indonesia
Destination by Hyatt
Destination by Hyatt is a diverse collection of independent hotels, resorts and spacious residences that are individual at heart yet connected by a commitment to embody the true spirit of each location. Ranging from upper-upscale to luxury, each property is purposefully crafted to be a place of discovery through immersive experiences, authentic design, and genuine service. destinationhotels.com
- Banyan Cay Resort & Golf (190 guestrooms) in West Palm Beach, Fla.
- The Seabird Resort (226 guestrooms) in Oceanside, Calif.
- The Shay(148 guestrooms) in Culver City, Calif.
- Sweetgrass Inn at Wild Dunes Resort (153 guestrooms) in Isle of Palms, S.C.
Grand Hyatt hotels celebrate the iconic in small details and magnificent moments. Drawing inspiration from each destination, Grand Hyatt hotels provide superior service and signature experiences within a backdrop of dramatic architecture, world-class restaurants, luxury spas, and spectacular meeting and event spaces. grandhyatt.com
- Grand Hyatt Kuwait (303 guestrooms) in Kuwait City, Kuwait
Hyatt Centric is a brand of lifestyle hotels located in prime destinations around the world that inspire discovery for savvy, millennial-minded travelers with an adventurous spirit. Each Hyatt Centric hotel is in the heart of the action with passionately engaged team members always on-hand to serve up insider knowledge and provide local expertise. hyattcentric.com
- Hyatt Centric Beale Street Memphis (227 guestrooms) in Memphis, Tenn.
- Additional Hyatt Centric hotels expected to open in destinations globally in 2021: Cambridge, England.; Charlotte, N.C.; Denver, Colo.; Dubai, U.A.E.; Melbourne, Australia; Nashville, Tenn.; Sacramento, Calif.; Antiguo Cuscatlan, El Salvador
Hyatt House / Hyatt Place
Hyatt House hotels are designed to welcome guests as extended stay residents. Apartment-style suites with fully equipped kitchens and separate living areas remind guests of the conveniences of home. Hyatt Place hotels offer a modern, comfortable, and seamless experience, combining style and innovation to create a casual hotel environment for today’s multi-tasking traveler. From the lobby to the guest rooms to in-hotel dining, every touchpoint is designed with the high value business traveler in mind. hyatthouse.com / hyattplace.com
- Hyatt House Scottsdale-North and Hyatt Place Scottsdale-North (229 combined guestrooms) in Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Hyatt House LAX/Century Blvd and Hyatt Place LAX/Century Blvd (401 combined guestrooms) in Los Angeles
- Hyatt Place Kyoto (239 guestrooms) in Kyoto, Japan
- Hyatt Place Montreal Downtown (353 guestrooms) in Montreal
- Hyatt Place New York Chelsea (510 guestrooms) in New York
- Hyatt Place St. Augustine/Vilano Beach (124 guestrooms) in St. Augustine, Fla.
Hyatt Regency hotels are intuitively designed to make travel free from stress and filled with success. Conveniently located in urban and resort locations in more than 30 countries, Hyatt Regency hotels offer seamless experiences for any occasion, from energizing vacations to personalized, high-touch meetings. hyattregency.com
- Hyatt Regency JFK at Resorts World New York (400 guestrooms) in New York
- Hyatt Regency Koh Samui (139 guestrooms) in Koh Samui, Thailand
- Hyatt Regency Zurich Airport The Circle (255 guestrooms) in Zurich, Switzerland
JdV by Hyatt
A community for the spirited, light-hearted, and young-at-heart, the JdV by Hyatt brand offers a collection of vibrant, independent hotels that are true reflections of the urban neighborhoods they call home. Each hotel provides an experience that is inclusive in spirit and space, welcoming all vibes, tribes and unique souls—effortlessly bringing people together with joy-driven service. jdvhotels.com
- El Capitan Hotel (114 guestrooms) in Merced, Calif.
- Mission Pacific Hotel (161 guestrooms) in Oceanside, Calif.
- The Anndore House (113 guestrooms) in Toronto, Ontario
- The Walper Hotel (92 guestrooms) in Toronto, Ontario
- Additional JdV by Hyatt hotels expected to open in 2021 include Story Hotel Riddargatan (82 guestrooms) and Story Hotel Signalfabriken (83 guestrooms) in Stockholm, as well as Story Hotel Studio Malmö (96 guestrooms) in Malmö, Sweden
Park Hyatt hotels provide discerning, global travelers with a refined home-away-from-home. Guests of Park Hyatt hotels receive quietly confident and personalized service in an enriching environment. Located in several of the world’s premier destinations, each Park Hyatt hotel is custom designed to combine sophistication with understated luxury. parkhyatt.com
- Park Hyatt Toronto (219 guestrooms) reopening in Toronto, Ontario
Founded in 2001, Thompson Hotels is a collection of award-winning luxury hotels with timelessly original properties in urban and resort destinations. Each hotel delivers a new take on modern luxury and tailored stays for guests with connections to world-class culinary offerings, arts and entertainment, and groundbreaking design. thompsonhotels.com
- Thompson Hotels expected to open in U.S. destinations in 2021: Austin, Texas; Buckhead, Ga.; Denver; Hollywood, Calif.; and Savannah, Ga.
The Unbound Collection by Hyatt
More than a compilation of independent, one-of-a-kind hotels, The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brand offers a thoughtful curation of stories worth collecting. Whether it’s a modern marvel, a historic gem or a revitalizing retreat, each property provides thought-provoking environments and experiences that inspire for guests seeking elevated yet unscripted service when they travel. unboundcollectionbyhyatt.com
- Hotel du Palais Biarritz (139 guestrooms) reopening in Biarritz, France
- Commune by The Great Wall (175 guestrooms) in Beijing, China
1,000 Bonus Points for Qualifying Nights
In celebration of the 1,000th Hyatt hotel opening, and to provide World of Hyatt members even more ways to be rewarded, World of Hyatt is offering members the opportunity to earn 1,000 Bonus Points per qualifying night at participating new Hyatt hotels around the world.
That’s 500 more Bonus Points when guests check out between April 1 and June 30, 2021. Participating hotels and respective offer stay periods can be found at worldofhyatt.com/newhotelbonus.