Chase Targeting Freedom Cardholders with Free Upgrade to Sapphire Preferred
Chase is sending out emails to select Freedom cardholders with an offer to upgrade to Chase Sapphire Preferred for free.
Freedom cards have no annual fee, while the Sapphire Preferred has a $95 annual fee. But through this targeted offer, you can upgrade to the Sapphire Preferred and get a $95 statement credit after one purchase, or 10,000 Ultimate Rewards points. The latter is actually even better as 10K points are worth about $150.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred card gets a $50 Annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 3x points on online grocery purchases, dining and streaming services and 10% anniversary points boost. Let me know if you are targeted.
- 5x Points on travel purchased through Chase
- 5x Points on Lyft Rides through March 2025.
- 3x Points on
- online grocery purchases (excluding Target, Walmart and wholesale clubs)
- select streaming services
- 2x Points on all other travel purchases
- 1x Point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Ultimate Rewards.
- $50 Annual Hotel Credit each account anniversary year for hotel stays purchased through Ultimate Rewards.
- 10% anniversary points boost on all points earned throughout the year.
- Transfer 1:1 to the regular Ultimate Reward transfer partners
- Travel Protection Benefits
- Complimentary access to DashPass for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
- 6 months of complimentary Instacart+ when you activate by July 31, 2024. Plus, Instacart+ members earn up to $15 in statement credits each quarter through July 2024.
- $10 monthly statement credit from Gopuff.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees