Delta Award Sale, One Way fares to Caribbean and South America from 5K Miles
Delta Air Lines is running an unadvertised award sale from several US cities to Mexico, Caribbean, Central America and South America. There are even discounts domestically. Flights start at just 5,000 SkyMiles one way or 10,000 SkyMiles round trip.
Availability is scattered in late 2021 or January through March of 2022. Search for your preferred routes and the use the Price Calendar to find the lowest prices available.
Here are some of the low priced awards that I came across (one way prices):
- Las Vegas to Seattle starting at 3,500 SkyMiles (Sep/Oct)
- Miami to Bogota starting at 5,000 SkyMiles (Aug/Sep/Oct/Nov)
- Miami to Aruba starting at 5,500 SkyMiles (Aug/Sep/Oct/Nov/Dec)
- NYC (JFK) to Bogota starting at 5,000 SkyMiles (Aug/Sep/Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan)
- NYC (JFK) to Panama City starting at 5,000 SkyMiles (Dec/Jan)
- NYC (LGA) to Miami starting at 5,000 SkyMiles (Oct/Nov)
- NYC (JFK) to Montego Bay starting at 5,500 SkyMiles (Jan/Feb)
- NYC (JFK) to Bahamas starting at 5,500 SkyMiles (Sep/Oct/Nov)
- NYC (LGA) to Panama City starting at 6,000 SkyMiles (Jan/Feb)
- NYC (JFK) to Aruba starting at 8,000 SkyMiles (Jan/Feb)
- Orlando to Bogota starting at 5,000 SkyMiles (Aug/Sep/Oct/Nov)
- Orlando to Montego Bay starting at 5,000 SkyMiles (Aug/Sep/Oct)
- Seattle to Chicago starting at 4,000 SkyMiles (Jan/Feb)
- Washington DC to Bogota starting at 9,000 SkyMiles (Aug/Sep/Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan)
Some of these deals are Basic Economy awards. But for now you can cancel them for free.
Great use of SkyMiles if you have any travel plans. Just make sure to check travel restrictions for your destinations. Some Caribbean destinations were recently added to the “Level 4: High Risk” category.
If you need more Delta SkyMiles you can transfer American Express Membership Rewards or Marriott points. Additionally, you can look at Delta credit card bonuses, so you have the points for the next time they run an award sale.
I suggest signing up for Instant Notifications for new deals from Danny the Deal Guru, so you don’t miss out on any time-sensitive deals in the future. You’ll get a notification on your screen every time a deal like this comes around. I don’t send out notifications for every post, only select time-sensitive ones. If you want every post emailed to you, then subscribe for emailed posts on the right hand column on the site, or our newsletter for only one daily email on weekdays.
You can also follow on Twitter and Facebook if you check those regularly. All post are automatically published there as well. We also have our Facebook Group.