Citi has a new public offer that will earn you 40,000 American Airlines AAdvantage miles with a new checking account. We often see better targeted offers, but this is available to everyone.
Here’s how you can get the 40,000 bonus miles:
- Must have or open an AAdvantage customer account
- Enroll in the 40,000 AAdvantage® miles Offer.
- Open a new consumer regular or interest checking account in The Citibank® Account Package between the “Offer Period” of 6/1/2019 – 7/31/2019
- Within thirty (30) calendar days of opening the Eligible Checking Account, Eligible Customers must Deposit $15,000 in New-to-Bank Funds in the Eligible Checking Account and maintain the funds for sixty (60) calendar days.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age
- Must have a valid W-9 or W-8BEN on file with Citibank
- Cannot be current owners of a Citibank consumer checking account or have been an owner on a Citibank® consumer checking account within the last 180 calendar days before enrollment.
The Citibank Account Package has a $25 fee waived with $10K balance. It also might be worth asking to have a month’s fee waived. Bank will do that for customers occasionally.
We usually see better targeted bonuses for cash, ThankYou points or American Airlines AAdvantage miles. But this is a public bonus that anyone can do. You need to deposit $15K in the account and keep it there for two months in order to get the 40K bonus miles.