Chase Sapphire Preferred, 80K Bonus with Waived Fee Available In-Branch
If you are looking to apply for the Chase Sapphire Preferred credit card, then check your local branches for an improved offer that can earn you 80,000 Ultimate Rewards points. There are reports that the offer is showing up in branches once again, and the annual fee is waived for the first year. Check out the details below.
Update: More reports of this offer being available in branch as of May 2nd, 2022. The same offer is available online without waived fee, and you should also check for if you are eligible for the 100K offer. (HT: r/churning)
- Earn 80,000 Bonus Points after you spend $4,000 on purchases with your new Sapphire Preferred card within the first 3 months of account opening.
- Annual Fee: $95 (waived for first year)
- 5x Points on travel purchased through Chase
- 3x Points on
- online grocery purchases (excluding Target, Walmart and wholesale clubs)
- select streaming services
- 2x Points on all other travel purchases
- 1x Point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- $50 Annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit
- 10% anniversary points boost
- Transfer 1:1 to the regular Ultimate Reward transfer partners
- 5x Points on Lyft Rides through March 2025.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Pay Yourself Back (1.25¢ redemption for Ultimate Rewards points)
The product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 48 months. If you are an existing Sapphire customer and would like this product, please call the number on the back of your card to see if you are eligible for a product change. You will not receive the new cardmember bonus if you change products.
This card also falls under the Chase 5/24 rule which means that if you’ve had 5 or more new credit cards in the last 24 months, your application will be declined.
Chase Sapphire Preferred is a good product that gets you some extra benefits, but the main attraction right now is the signup bonus. That’s worth at least $1,000 when redeemed for travel or through Pay Yourself Back. This in-branch offer is much better than the current public offer of 60,000 points that also comes with the annual fee of $95 for the first year. But it’s not clear how widely available this offer is. Let me know if you see this offer at your branch. Even if you don’t find this 80K offer, you should still be able to get 60K with the annual fee waived in-branch which was available in two branches I checked nearby.