Chase Sapphire Preferred 100K Bonus with Waived Fee
Update: The 100K offer with the $95 annual fee waived is still available in branch as of October 21st. The $50 grocery credit is no longer available.
Original article below:
Chase has launched a new best ever public offer for the Chase Sapphire Preferred card. You can now earn 100,000 Ultimate Rewards points when you apply and are approved for the card. However, there’s also an option to have the fee waived and get an additional $50 credit. This is only available at a Chase branch and probably not for long. I mentioned this option when I first wrote about the new 100K offer, but it looks like it is still available, and there’s also a memo sent out to bankers that details the offer.
- Earn 80,000 Bonus Points after you spend $4,000 on purchases with your new Sapphire Preferred card within the first 3 months of account opening.
- Get an additional 20,000 Bonus Points to match the current online offer.
- Plus receive up to $50 in statement credits for grocery store purchases.
- Annual Fee: $95 (waived for first year)
Once you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first three months, you will receive 80,000 points and also get a separate credit for 20,000 points on the same day. Add the $50 credit and waived fee, and this gets about $145 better than the online offer.
- 2X Points on dining and travel
- 2X Points total on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from Nov. 1–April 30, 2021, including pickup and eligible grocery store delivery services.
- 1X Point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- 1.25 cents per point in value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
- Transfer 1:1 to the regular Ultimate Reward transfer partners
- Free DoorDash DashPass for one year ($9.99/Month) when you activate by 12/31/2021.
- 5x Points on Lyft Rides through March 2022.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Pay Yourself Back (1.25¢ redemption for Ultimate Rewards points)
The product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 48 months. If you are an existing Sapphire customer and would like this product, please call the number on the back of your card to see if you are eligible for a product change. You will not receive the new cardmember bonus if you change products.
This card also falls under the Chase 5/24 rule which means that if you’ve had 5 or more new credit cards in the last 24 months, your application will be declined.
Chase Sapphire Preferred is a good product that gets you some extra benefits, but the main attraction right now is the 100,000 Ultimate Rewards points bonus. That’s worth at least $1,250 when redeemed for travel or through Pay Yourself Back. This in-branch offer makes the welcome bonus even better with the $50 credit and the waived annual fee.
It will not last long, so if you are eligible and have a branch nearby, don’t wait. Get there now and apply.