Chase Freedom Flex Goes Live for Applications
As expected, the Chase Freedom Flex Card is now live for applications. You could already product change to it yesterday. The welcome offer is the same one that was already announced, but there are a few details that are surprising about the card.
Update: The same bonus is also available through referrals now.
- Earn a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
- Earn 5% cash back on grocery store purchases (not including Target® or Walmart® purchases) on up to $12,000 spent in the first year.same page link to offer details
- 0% intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases. After that, variable APR.
- No annual fee.
- LEARN MORE
- 5% on Bonus Quarterly Categories – Each quarter they activate, cardmembers will receive 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases on bonus categories such as grocery stores, select streaming services and many others.
- 5% on Travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards, including vacation and car rentals.
- 3% on Dining purchases, including take out or eligible delivery services.
- 3% on Drugstore purchases on daily essentials like medicine, toiletries, diapers and other items.
- 1% unlimited cash back on all other purchases.
Freedom Flex cardmembers will receive Mastercard’s leading World Elite Benefits including:
- Cell Phone Insurance – Up to $800 per claim and $1,000 per year in cell phone protection against theft or damage for phones listed on cardmembers’ monthly bill.
- Lyft – $10 in credit for every five rides taken in a calendar month, automatically applied to the next ride and capped at once per month.
- Boxed – 5% cash rewards on Boxed purchases for use on future purchases.
- ShopRunner – Free membership to receive two-day shipping and free return shipping at over a hundred online retailers.
- Fandango – Double VIP+ points for movie tickets purchased via the Fandango app or Fandango.com, which can be used towards purchasing movie tickets on Fandango or towards streaming movies and TV shows on FandangoNOW.
This product is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months. The card also falls under the Chase 5/24 rule, which means that you will not be approved if you have had 5 or more new credit cards within the last 24 months on your credit report.
There are some more details worth mentioning about the Chase Freedom Flex card.
- This is a new product so you will be eligible for a bonus even if you recently received one for the old Freedom or Freedom Unlimited card.
- You can product change to Freedom Flex from the old Freedom and even Sapphire cards. This is not what Chase reps had said prior to the card being launched.
- You can have more than one Chase Freedom Flex, just like you could have more than one Chase Freedom. Again, this is not what Chase reps had said prior to the card being launched.
- You can start earning 5% in Q4 for qualifying purchases made at Walmart using PayPal. You could be able to take advantage of Q3 categories if you are product changing from a Freedom card and activate by 9/15.
This is probably the best no-fee card out there and a great new product from Chase in general. Chase Freedom Flex has a good welcome bonus and provides terrific earning for ongoing spend for a no-fee credit card. The rotating categories have been a big hit with the Chase Freedom card and now, with the Freedom Flex you also get 3% on dining and drugstore purchases. The fact that it is a Mastercard also gets you the additional World Elite Benefits. It’s good to see that Chase is letting you product change from Sapphire cards and that you can have more than one Freedom Flex.