DannyDealGuru has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. DannyDealGuru and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
Chase Freedom Cardholders, Earn 5X on Hotel Bookings
Chase has a new promotion that will earn you 5X Ultimate Rewards points on hotel bookings made through their portal. This promotion is for Freedom cardholders, but it could also be available to Sapphire card as it has been the case in the past.
Exclusive offer for Chase Freedom cardmembers. Earn a total of 5% cash back on up to $2,500 in total hotel purchases made through Ultimate Rewards® in March. Travel anytime.
Log in here to see the offer.
- During the promotional period of March 1 to March 31, 2020 11:59 p.m. E.T., earn an extra 3.5% cash back on up to $2,500 in hotel purchases made through Chase Ultimate Rewards® using your Chase Freedom Unlimited card.
- The bonus cash back earned is in addition to the 1.5% cash back you earn on all purchases for a total of 5% cash back, which means you can earn up to $125 total cash back ($37.50 cash back plus your $87.50 bonus cash back).
- Bonus cash back will post to your account within a week of the transaction posting, and will appear on your monthly credit card billing statement and be available for use within 1-2 billing cycles.
A decent offer if you have a Chase Freedom or Chase Freedom Unlimited card. You can earn a total of 5x on hotel purchases made through Chase Ultimate Rewards. Not as good as the 10X earning Chase offered last year.
There are some downsides to booking through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal. You don’t get elite status benefits or earn credits on your stays. So this is probably more useful for those who don’t have status or bookings at non-chain hotels.
DannyDealGuru has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. DannyDealGuru and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Chase Sapphire PreferredThe Chase Sapphire Preferred credit card is a great travel card that comes with a big welcome offer and many benefits.
- Earn a welcome bonus of 60,000 bonus Ultimate Rewards points (worth $750 or more) when you spend $4,000 in 3 months.
- You can also earn:
- 5X Chase Ultimate Rewards points on Lyft rides
- 2X Ultimate Rewards points on travel and dining and 1X on all other purchases
- Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through Chase
- LEARN MORE