Back in 2017 Chase added Iberia Plus and AerClub loyalty programs as Chase Ultimate Rewards point transfer partners. Now to follow up on that new partnership they announced the new Chase Iberia card that i covered yesterday and also a new Chase Aer Lingus card that will come out later this spring.
The new cards were announced in a press release. There’s no mention of what the bonus will be for the Chase Aer Lingus card, but it will offer customers the same benefits as the Iberia card such as savings on flights, no foreign transaction fees, lost luggage reimbursement and auto rental collision damage waiver. Earning rate will also be the same, 3 Avios per $1 spent on Aer Lingus, Iberia, British Airways, LEVEL and OpenSkies purchases and 1 Avios on all other purchases. It will have the same annual fee of $95.
There’s more good news. I mentioned yesterday that the Iberia card didn’t fall under the 5/24 rule and I would expect the Aer Lingus card to be the same. So soon you will have another chance to earn more more Avios.
Aer Lingus Visa Signature Card Benefits
- 3 Avios per $1 on Aer Lingus, Iberia, British Airways, LEVEL and OpenSkies purchases
- 1 Avios per $1 on all other purchases
- Ticket for a companion when a ticket is purchased in economy class, after $30,000 spend in a calendar year
- Priority boarding on flights to and from the U.S.
- No foreign transaction fees
- Auto rental collision damage waiver
- Lost luggage reimbursement
- Purchase protection
- $95 annual fee