Chase released a new credit card today, the Iberia Visa Signature Card. This new card is similar to the British Airways card that they offer and also comes with a bonus of 75,000 Avios. Early data points show that it’s not subject to 5/24.
Offer & Requirements
- Earn up to 75,000 bonus Avios
- 50,000 Avios after $3,000 spend within first 3 months
- Ean an extra 25,000 Avios after $10,000 spend within your first year.
$95 annual fee is not waived.
- Earning Rate
- Earn 3 Avios for every $1 you spend on Iberia, British Airways, Aer Lingus, LEVEL and OpenSkies purchases.
- Earn 1 Avios for every $1 you spend on all other purchases.
- $1,000 Voucher – Earn a discount voucher of $1,000 to use toward two tickets on the same flight (in the same class of travel) for each calendar year you make purchases of $30,000 on your card. The discount voucher will be in the form of a code. The discount voucher will be issued after the billing cycle when Cardmember reaches $30,000 in purchases and must be used within 12 months of the date of issue. Discount vouchers may only be used for flights which are operated by Iberia.
- 10% Off Iberia Flights – Use your Iberia Visa Signature Card to book your flight on iberia.com/chase10, and you will receive a 10% discount.
- No foreign transaction fees.
This product is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months. That shouldn’t be a problem anyway for now, since this is a new Chase product.
Early data points from r/churning show that the card is not subject to 5/24 so most readers should qualify.
This a great new product from Chase. The bonus is similar to what we have seen on the Chase British Airways card. The spending is reasonable for the first 50,000 Avios, just $3,000. But you need to spend $10,000 within a year to get the extra 25,000 Avios. That’s still a good return for your spending. Avios can be used on both Iberia and British Airways and can give you good value on flights to Europe and even better value within Europe.
If you manage to spend $30,000 within a year, then you also get discount voucher of $1,000.