Capital One Venture X Losing Some Priority Pass Benefits
Bad news for Capital One Venture X Rewards cardholders. Starting next year, the Priority Pass membership that comes with the card will be less valuable. Capital one has quietly made this change in the benefits of the card:
Effective January 1, 2023, Priority Pass non-lounge airport experiences (like dining, retail shopping and spa discounts) are not part of the Visa Infinite® benefit program for Venture X cardholders.
This might not be a big loss for everyone, but this is a a useful perk in some airports, especially for restaurants that are part of Priority Pass. You can normally enjoy up to $25 or $30 per person in complimentary dining expenses at eligible restaurants. Plus there are other things such as spa experiences and sleeping rooms.
It’s worth noting the Venture X cardholders will continue to have access to Capital One lounges and Plaza Premium lounges in addition to Priority Pass lounges. This is still a good product that comes with valuable benefits and a $395 fee which is lower that comparable cards from other issuers. You also get $300 in statement credits annually 10,000 bonus miles, which make up for that fee.
- 2x on all purchases
- 5x on hotels and rental cars
- 10x when booking via Capital One Travel
- 10x miles when you book with Turo through 5/16/2023
- $300 in statement credits annually for bookings made through Capital One Travel
- Each year, cardholders will receive 10,000 bonus miles (equal to $100 in travel), starting on their first anniversary.
- Unlimited access to Capital One Lounges for primary cardholders and their authorized users, along with 2 guest passes. Cardholders, authorized users, and their guests also have unlimited access to 1,300+ Priority Pass lounges and 100+ Plaza Premium lounges internationally. Effective January 1, 2023, Priority Pass non-lounge airport experiences (like dining, retail shopping and spa discounts) are not part of the Visa Infinite® benefit program for Venture X cardholders.
- $100 credit for TSA Precheck or Global Entry.
- Complimentary Hertz President’s Circle status for primary cardholders, authorized users and account managers
- Up to 4 Free Additional User cards
- Visa Infinite Benefits
- PRIOR Membership
- Complimentary Cultivist Membership
- $300 statement credit toward an annual Gravity Haus membership
- Travel and Purchase Protections
- Trip delay and trip cancellation and interruption insurance
- Lost Luggage Insurance
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
- Cell phone insurance (for primary cardholder and additional users)
- Extended warranty plus purchase protection for items damaged or stolen within 90 days