DannyDealGuru has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. DannyDealGuru and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
Revamped Capital One Travel Booking Site Coming Soon
Capital One announced today a new travel portal with consumer-friendly tools that will help you save. Capital One Travel was already announced previously in collaboration with Hopper, but now there are more details on what customers can expect.
Hopper’s most popular features include tracking and predicting pricing in the travel market. Capital One’s new portal integrates that technology so you can easily keep a handle on your travel spending. But it gets better. Capital One is also incorporating free Price Drop Protection at least for flights for now. If your flights get cheaper in the time between purchase and takeoff, you will be refunded the difference. Hotels and rental cars booking are coming later on.
Capital One Travel will also offer a Best Price Guarantee. So if you find a better price on the same flight, hotel or car rental, it will match it. It can even be done proactively when cheaper prices show up on major online travel agencies.
Capital One Travel Features
As a Capital One cardholder, you’ll have access to unique tools before and after you book, bringing you a rewarding, flexible travel experience. Some of these features include:
- Greater earning opportunities: Earn 5 miles per dollar on hotels and car rentals when booking through Capital One Travel with an eligible Venture, VentureOne, Spark Miles or Spark Miles Select card. This means when you book that fabulous hotel room for the weekend or reserve a car rental for a scenic drive, you’re earning rewards you can put toward your next trip.
- Price prediction and price watch alerts for flights: Looking for the best time to book? When you search for flights on Capital One Travel, you’ll see a recommendation to either book now—or wait for a better price. Capital One Travel uses artificial intelligence (AI) to analyze billions of data points and predict how flight prices will fluctuate. Simply set a price alert for your destination and travel dates. Capital One Travel will monitor prices 24/7 and let you know when it’s time to book. With help from our price predictions and alerts, you can save an average of 15% per flight.
- Free price drop protection for flights: Did you book a flight to visit loved ones based on Capital One Travel recommendations? If the flight price drops, no problem. Capital One Travel monitors fares, even after your purchase, and you’ll automatically receive money back.
- Best Price Guarantee: If you find a better price on the same flight, hotel or car rental, we’ll match it. Simply submit a request with some details within 24 hours of booking with us, and Capital One Travel will refund you the difference. For hotels, we also proactively adjust our prices to guarantee they match or beat other travel sites, including Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com and Travelocity.
- Redeem rewards for travel: Have you been saving up your rewards? Apply them to any trip booked through Capital One Travel. Or use a combination of rewards and your card when booking. The choice is yours!
How Can I Access Capital One Travel?
This new travel experience will be rolled out to eligible Venture, VentureOne, Spark Miles, Spark Miles Select and Capital One Walmart Rewards cardholders this fall. The list doesn’t include Quicksilver, Savor and SavorOne cardholders for now.
Once you gain access, you’ll see the option to start booking trips when you sign in and view your rewards. Through the site, you can pay for flights, hotels and car rentals with your Capital One card, your rewards or both.
Capital One has made some big moves in recent years to compete with other issuers when it comes to travel options and perks. You can now transfer Capital One miles to travel partners, and the Capital One Lounge network is launching soon. It has now announced a revamped travel portal in collaboration with Hopper, offering perks like free price drop protection for flights and best price guarantee.
DannyDealGuru has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. DannyDealGuru and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.