Amex Improves Offers & Rewards During Coronavirus Pandemic
American Express has announced enhancement for cardholders, with new perks and benefits during the coronavirus pandemic. With many people locked indoors and unemployment spiking, consumer spending has plummeted, and is mostly focused on essential items.
Amex is emphasizing its pay with points offerings by giving customers 20% off in up to $50 total in savings at Amazon through mid-April, and increasing the value of points by up to 30% in the Membership Rewards portal. I have already covered some of these improvements, but here is the list that was published by American Express:
- We are adding hundreds of Amex Offers for Card Members to provide discounts or credits in the areas of home essentials, food delivery and takeout, digital entertainment, business services and wellness.
- Get 20% off products sold and shipped by Amazon.com when Card Members use Membership Rewards points at checkout through April 20, 2020, up to $50 total savings over the course of the campaign. You can read more about the offer here.
- Card Members can make Membership Rewards points go 30% further sitewide when they shop with points directly on the Membership Rewards site through May 26, 2020.
- Earn 2X Membership Rewards points on all spend with Grubhub and Seamless starting later this April, through the end of the year.
- For eligible U.S. Card accounts approved from December 1, 2019, through May 31, 2020, we have extended the time period for new Card Members to earn a welcome bonus for an additional three months. Read more here.
- For Cobrand Card Members: We are working with our partners to extend Card Member benefits, such as airline companion certificates and hotel free night awards, so our mutual customers will have more time to enjoy these benefits.
- For American Express Travel Customers: We are waiving American Express Travel fees on modifications to eligible upcoming trips through May 31, 2020, for customers who booked trips through American Express Travel, and we have introduced digital solutions to help customers quickly cancel flights and hotel bookings online as well as an American Express Travel COVID-19 Information Hub to help customers stay informed.
You can read the full announcement here.