Amex Platinum Card Upgrade Offer
Some American Express cardholders are being targeted with a new offer to upgrade to the Amex Platinum Card. You can receive 100,000 Membership Rewards points if eligible. This latest offer was sent out by mail, but you can also sometimes find them in your accounts as well, in the Amex Offer section, or in a banner on top of the page. Check out the details below.
Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $6,000 or more on your Platinum Card from American Express within the first 6 months of Platinum Card Membership.
Please note that you cannot close, or downgrade, the new Amex Platinum within 12 months of accepting an upgrade offer. If you do, Amex will claw the points earned from the upgrade offer. The clock starts on the date you upgrade. After 12 months, you can then close the card or downgrade back to the Amex Gold Card.
When you upgrade, your card anniversary date doesn’t change. American Express charges you a prorated annual membership fee for your new Card based on the time remaining until your next account anniversary date. Keep in mind that the annual fee for the Amex Platinum card is now $695.
- 5X MR points on airfare booked directly with airlines or through Amex Travel
- 5X MR points on eligible hotels booked through Amex Travel
- 1X MR points on all other purchases
- $200 in annual Uber savings ($15 in Uber Cash for U.S. rides every month plus a bonus $20 in December)
- $200 in statement credits per calendar year for airline incidental fees. Enrollment required.
- $200 Hotel Credit for prepaid bookings at Fine Hotels + Resorts(R) or The Hotel Collection bookings, which requires a minimum two-night stay, through American Express Travel.
- $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue or Saks.com. That's up to $50 on a semi-annual basis. Enrollment required.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit ($20/month) on eligible purchases or subscriptions: The Disney Bundle, Disney+, ESPN+, Hulu, Peacock, Audible (going away Oct 2, 2023), SiriusXM, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal.
- Receive one Global Entry ($100) statement credit or one TSA Precheck ($85) statement credit
- $189 CLEAR Credit annually.
- Access to over 1,400+ airport lounges, including The Centurion lounge, Delta Sky Clubs, Airspace Lounges and Priority Pass Select membership
- Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status
- Hilton Honors Gold Status
- Walmart+ Monthly Membership Credit ($12.95/month)
- $300 SoulCycle At-Home Bike Credit
- Get up to $300 in statement credits each year on a digital or club membership at Equinox.
- Complimentary membership in premium car rental programs, including Hertz President's Circle status and other upgrades and discounts.
- 20% discount on Wheels Up Connect and a 40% discount on Wheels Up Core memberships. Plus, get a $500 or $2,000 credit added to your Wheels Up account to use toward your initial flight
- Resy Dining Benefit
- Platinum Card Concierge available 24/7 to help with anything from special dinner reservations to finding the perfect gift.
- More perks and benefits.
- Primary Card Annual Fee: $695
- $195 annual fee for each Additional Platinum Card.
- No annual fee for Companion Platinum Cards.
Amex Platinum Card Upgrade Offer: Guru’s Wrap-Up
This Amex Platinum Card upgrade offer is a great opportunity if you are targeted. We have seen better upgrade offers in the past, but this is still a good one. With this offer you earn 100,000 points if you spend $6,000 in the first six months after upgrading.
There’s no hard pull when upgrading. Plus you can receive the upgrade bonus even if you’ve had the card previously. But if you have not received a welcome bonus on an American Express Platinum card in the last 5-7 years, then it might be best to looks for a better signup bonus. Accepting this upgrade offer makes you ineligible for a signup bonus on the same card, and now even other versions of the Platinum card.
Let me know if you’re targeted or if you see any different offers.