Amex Platinum 125K Offer
Update (Feb. 17, 2021): More people seeing the 125K offer, so worth another check if you has struck out in the past. Also check referral links as you can sometimes see increased offers there as well.
Update (Feb. 3, 2021): Some people are seeing an even better offer for 125,000 Membership Rewards points, instead of the usual 100,000. The offer is still targeted, but it is always worth a look before applying through other offers.
Original article (Oct. 12, 2019) – CardMatch is once again showing a 100,000 Membership Rewards points offer for the personal American Express Platinum card for some people. This is probably the best possible offer for the card nowadays, so if you get it to show up and have never had the card before, then I would suggest applying. We have seen this Amex Platinum 100K offer showing up for people continuously this year, but it seems that you could be targeted even if you have checked in the past and came up empty handed.
Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
$550 Annual Fee.
How To Check For Offer
- Go to CardMatch (I don’t have any relationship with them)
- Enter you name, address, and last for of SSN and click ‘Get Matches’
- Hopefully you’ll see an Amex Platinum 100K offer
- Make sure you also click ‘All Matches’ on left hand menu, if you only ‘Pre-Qualified’ offers are showing
Should You Apply?
The bonus of 100,000 Membership Rewards points is one of the best bonuses we see on this card and it’s obviously a great opportunity.
This offer includes the lifetime restriction that we usually see on Amex cards, so the welcome bonus offer is not available to applicants who have or have had this product, even if you get the offer to show up.
Use Caution With Amex
American Express has been getting much tougher on those trying to game the system for bonuses. Doing everything by the book would be the best way to go for these bonuses. So make sure you can handle $5K in spending in three months.
- 5X MR points on airfare booked directly with airlines or through Amex Travel
- 5X MR points on eligible hotels booked through Amex Travel
- 1X MR points on all other purchases
- $200 in annual Uber savings ($15 in Uber Cash for U.S. rides every month plus a bonus $20 in December)
- $200 annual Airline Fee Credit
- $200 Hotel Credit for prepaid bookings at Fine Hotels + Resorts(R) or The Hotel Collection bookings, which requires a minimum two-night stay, through American Express Travel.
- $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue or Saks.com. That's up to $50 on a semi-annual basis. Enrollment required.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit ($20/month) on eligible purchases or subscriptions: The Disney Bundle, Disney+, ESPN+, Hulu, Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM and The New York Times.
- Receive one Global Entry ($100) statement credit or one TSA Precheck ($85) statement credit
- $189 CLEAR Credit annually.
- Access to over 1,400+ airport lounges, including The Centurion lounge, Delta Sky Clubs, Airspace Lounges and Priority Pass Select membership
- Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status
- Hilton Honors Gold Status
- Walmart+ Monthly Membership Credit ($12.95/month)
- $300 SoulCycle At-Home Bike Credit
- Get up to $300 in statement credits each year on a digital or club membership at Equinox.
- Complimentary membership in premium car rental programs, including Hertz President's Circle status and other upgrades and discounts.
- 20% discount on Wheels Up Connect and a 40% discount on Wheels Up Core memberships. Plus, get a $500 or $2,000 credit added to your Wheels Up account to use toward your initial flight
- Resy Dining Benefit
- Platinum Card Concierge available 24/7 to help with anything from special dinner reservations to finding the perfect gift.
- More perks and benefits.
- Annual Fee: $695
This is the best offer we usually see for the Amex Platinum card. If you get the offer to show up and have never had the card before, it is definitely worth applying. 100K points are worth over $1,500 and you get lots of extra perks that offset the $550 annual fee. Lounge access, $200 Uber credits and $200 airline fee credit more than make up for the high annual fee.
Let me know if you see the 100K offer.