Amex Business Gold Card, New 90K Welcome Bonus
If you are looking to apply for the Amex Business Gold card, then this could be a great time to do so. We are seeing some increased welcome offers again, available through public links or referrals. If you are lucky you can get a bonus of up to 90,000 Membership Rewards points, instead of the usual 70K. If you get that bonus through a referral link, the person referring you gets the referral bonus. That could add up to a total of 110K-130K Membership Rewards points. Let’s take a look at the details of this Amex Business Gold 90K offer, and how to check if you are eligible.
Update: More people targeted offer the last few days. Also check referral links for the same offers. (HT: DoC)
Here is the offer that is showing up for some people:
- Earn 90,000 Membership Rewards Points after you spend $10,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first three months.
- Earn 80,000 Membership Rewards Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first three months. Check link.
- Earn 80,000 Membership Rewards Points after you spend $10,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first three months.
- Earn 70,000 Membership Rewards Points after you spend $10,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first three months.
Annual Fee: $295
If you see a good offer, make sure you apply. These welcome bonuses may not be available if you leave the web page and return later. The offer that you get is not dependent on the referral link. Different people could see different offers even when opening the same referral link, or direct link. You can try different browsers, or try a clean window to possibly see some of the better offers.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards points on the 2 categories where your business spends the most (up to $150,000 per calendar year):
- Airfare purchased directly from airlines
- purchases for advertising in select media (online, TV, radio) in the U.S.
- purchases made directly from select technology providers of computer hardware, software, and cloud solutions in the U.S.
- gas stations in the U.S.
- restaurants in the U.S.
- purchases for shipping in the U.S.
- Earn 1X Membership Rewards on all other purchases.
- Book your flight with points at American Express Travel and get 25% back
- Pay Over Time Option
- No preset spending limit
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Trip Delay Insurance, Baggage Insurance Plan and Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance
- Extended Warranty and Purchase Protection for 90 days (up to $1,000 per occurrence, up to $50,000 per Card Member account per calendar year).
- Annual Fee: $295
Applying for the Card
Welcome offer not available to applicants who have or have had this Card. If you’re not sure whether you’ve had this card in the past, you can use this trick to find out. Sometimes cards that you’ve had more than 5-7 years ago, will no longer show up in your Amex history. They may also consider the number of American Express Cards you have opened and closed as well as other factors in making a decision on your welcome offer eligibility. Amex has a tool that will let you know whether you qualify for the bonus during the application process. If you’re an existing American Express customer they will only do a soft pull for new card applications.
American Express has a limit of one approved credit card every 5 days and two approved cards every 90 days. There’s also a maximum of 4 or 5 total American Express credit cards that you can have at a given time.
Most people should be able to see the 70K welcome offer. But 90K is a very good offer for the Amex Business Gold Card. If you can also get a referral bonus of up to 30K, then this is a great opportunity to grab the Amex Business Platinum card. The spending requirement is not easy. You need to make $10,000 in purchases with your new business card within the first three months. So make sure you have the means to complete it within that time period in order to get the welcome bonus.