Amex Business Cards, Earn 20K Points with Each New Employee Card
American Express has a targeted promotion to earn extra points for adding Employee Cards to your business account. This offer is not quite as good as the ones we usually see for adding just one employee. The spending requirement is much higher. But the benefit of this offer is that you can add more employees and earn more points.
Add up to five new Employee Card Members to your Basic American Express Business Platinum Card account and earn 20,000 Membership Rewards® points after each new Employee Card Member spends $4,000 in eligible purchases on the new Card in their first 6 months of Card Membership, up to 100,000 Membership Rewards points.
- The annual fee for each Employee Business Platinum Card is $300.
- You can add Employee Business Gold Cards for $45 each.
- You can also add Employee Business Green.
See offer here.
It’s also possible to add up to 99 Employee Card Members and earn the bonus on each new additional card. This offer is available by phone and you can earn a total of 1,980,000 Membership rewards points. (HT: FM)
- Offer is nontransferable.
- Your request to add Employee Cards must be processed and approved by 12/31/2021 11:59PM ET to be eligible for this offer.
- The 6 month period for each new Employee Card Member to spend $4,000 starts on the date that the respective Employee Card Member is added.
- Purchases made by other Employee Card Members on your Account, including Employee Cards that you do not add here, will not count toward the $4,000 spend requirement.
- Your purchases as the Basic Card Member will not count toward the $4,000 spend requirement.
- The 20,000 Membership Rewards points will be applied to the Basic Card Member’s American Express account within 8-12 weeks after the Employee Card Member has met the purchase requirement.
This is a good offer for those who can easily generate a lot of business spending. It gets even better if you are still working on a welcome bonus for the Amex Business Platinum card. Employee Card spending will count towards the bonus spending requirement.
Check the link and let me know if it works for you.
9 thoughts on “American Express Business Cards, Earn 20K Points with Each New Employee Card”
A long time follower of your blog, first time posting.
I got the offer on my business platinum. I understand that there is no fee for offering a green card to a employee. Does this employee green card work the same as the regular Amex green card? For example, 3x on travel etc.
No this is a different Green card. It earns 2x points on travel via Amex Travel and 1x points on everything else, the same as the Business Platinum card.
I got this same offer for my Amex business gold card. Do you just call them up to claim the offer by phone?
How did you get the offer?
“XXXX, learn how you’re eligible to earn 20,000 Membership Rewards® points when you add an Employee Card”
just forwarded you the email
Oh ok. So you can just follow the ‘add employee’ link and log in to add cards.
Do you have to provide SSN for Amex employee cards?
You don’t have to submit it when you add the additional card to your account. The terms state that “the Additional Card Member’s Social Security Number and Date of Birth are not required to submit a request. However, this information must be provided by you or the Additional Card Member within 60 days after the Card is issued, or the Additional Card will be canceled.”