Alaska Airlines Card Bonus
Alaska Airlines Visa Signature credit card is offering a bonus that gives you a total of 40,000 Alaska Mileage Plan miles. While the bonus is not the best we have seen, the annual fee is waived through this offer. So it could be a better option for those that don’t want to pay anything out of pocket and maybe have difficulties spending $8K for this 65K offer.
- Earn 40,000 bonus miles and Alaska’s Famous Companion Fare™ from $121 ($99 plus taxes and fees from just $22). To qualify simply make purchases of $2,000 or more within the first 90 days of opening your account.
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then just $75
- Get another Alaska’s Famous Companion Fare™ every year! EACH YEAR on your account anniversary get a companion fare from $121 ($99 plus taxes and fees from $22).
- Up to 5 miles per $1 spent using Mileage Plan Dining
- Earn 3 miles for every $1 spent on eligible Alaska Airlines purchases.
- 1 mile for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- 20% back on Alaska Airlines in-flight purchases (including food, beverage, and Wi-Fi)
- 50% Lounge day-pass discount
- No foreign transaction fees
Applying for the Card
Bank of America has a 2/3/4 rule. You are limited to two cards in the last two months, three cards in the last 12 months, and four cards in the last 24 months.
It’s possible that they merge multiple applications in the same day into just one hard pull.
I think most people will prefer the 65,000 bonus, but you would need to spend $8,000 in purchases within the first 6 months for that offfer and pay the $75 annual fee the first year. With this 40K offer you need to spend $2,000 within 90 days and you save $75 on the annual fee.