100K Amex Platinum Card Bonus Plus 10X on Gas/Supermarkets
Just two days ago we saw a big offer for the Amex Platinum and Gold cards through Resy. I wrote back then that a similar offer that would include the 10X earning on gas and supermarkets would be coming on November 12. I assumed it meant that it would be the same 75K bonus. But today American Express has released a new offer for 100K plus the 10X earning.
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $5,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn 10x points on eligible purchases on your new Card at U.S. Gas Stations and U.S. Supermarkets, on up to $15,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership. That’s an additional 9 points on top of the 1 point you earn for these purchases.
- $595 Annual Fee
The offer shows up publicly here. You might need to refresh a couple of times to get it to show up. Seems like trying at the top of the hour is working for many people. The referral offers show a 75K offer instead, but it also has the 10x points for Gas Stations and U.S. Supermarkets.
- 5X MR points on airfare booked directly with airlines or through Amex Travel
- 5X MR points on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com
- 1X MR points on all other purchases
- $200 in annual Uber savings ($15 in Uber Cash for U.S. rides every month plus a bonus $20 in December)
- $200 airline fee credit
- $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue or Saks.com. That’s up to $50 on a semi-annual basis. Enrollment required.
- Receive one Global Entry ($100) statement credit or one TSA Precheck ($85) statement credit
- Access to over 1,000+ airport lounges, including The Centurion lounge, Delta Sky Clubs, Airspace Lounges and Priority Pass Select membership
- Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status
- Hilton Honors Gold Status
- Unlimited Boingo internet access
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- $20 in statement credits each month for wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers.
- $20 in statement credits each month for U.S. streaming subscriptions from select providers.
- $25 in statement credits each month for ‘Variis by Equinox’ until APril 1, 2021.
- Platinum Card Concierge available 24/7 to help with anything from special dinner reservations to finding the perfect gift. Simply call the number on the back of your Card and say “Concierge”.
American Express is really pushing it’s premium products. They offered big bonuses for the Platinum and Gold card through Resy just two days ago. Many customers have also received offers of 100K for the Business Platinum Card and 50K for the Business Gold Card.
And now the Platinum card gets a 100K bonus and 10X earning on gas and supermarkets. Compared to the Resy offer you get an extra 25,000 Membership Rewards points, but you don’t have the option to earn up to $300 at restaurants in the form of 20% back. I think most people will take this new offer in a heartbeat.