Wireless Service Amex Offer: Spend $100, Get $5 (Up to 5x)
Check your American Express credit cards for a new offer that can save you $5 on your monthly phone bill if it is over $100. You can find this offer in your Amex consumer and business credit cards. Check out the details of the offer below.
Get $5 back as a one-time monthly statement credit, for up to 5 months, by using your enrolled Card to spend $100 in one or more eligible transactions in any 1 month during the offer period. Valid on payments for wireless telephone service charges. Your ability to redeem will reset on a monthly basis until 12/25/2021.
- Offer valid only for payments for wireless telephone service charges made directly with US wireless telephone service providers via online, mobile app, or by phone.
- Purchases made with third parties, authorized retailers or resellers are excluded.
- Excludes purchases for VoIP, hardware, equipment, and bundled home/cable services.
- Once you add the offer to your eligible Card, you must spend a minimum of $100 in one or more eligible US transactions by the last day of each calendar month to be considered eligible for a one-time statement credit. You may receive the one-time statement credit, up to 5 times (for up to 5 months of monthly minimum spend) during the offer period. Your ability to redeem will reset on the first day of each calendar month and end on the last day of the same calendar month until 12/25/2021.
Amex OffersAmex Offers are an extra perk on all American Express credit cards, charge cards, and even prepaid cards. You can see these offers in your accounts either as a statement credit or extra Membership Rewards points for spending a certain amount at an eligible merchant. You will need to add the offer to a specific card, and then use that card to get the credit. Here are a few things you should know:
- You should add the offer to your preferred card. Amex Offers are now limited to just one per person. So once you add it to one card, it disappears from other cards.
- You can use the Membership Rewards version and the statement credit version of the same offer.
- Check out a few options to quickly way to add all offers at once, or use the MaxRewards app that even lets you save offers on multiple cards.
- For third party Amex cards you can the American Express Connect site to check for offers and also add them to your cards.
- See full list of Amex Offers here.
You only end up saving 5%, on top of the points that you earn. Not huge savings but could be useful for some. However, keep in mind that it’s best to pay your phone bill with a card that offers cell phone protection such as Wells Fargo Cash Wise or Ink Business Preferred.