Amazon and Whole Foods Market announced a new round of price cuts on hundreds of items. Price cuts will focus mainly on produce. The specialty grocer’s last major price cut for all customers was in November 2017. Amazon acquired the Whole Foods chain for $13.7 billion in August 2017 with a “vision of making Whole Foods Market’s high-quality, natural and organic food affordable for everyone,” the companies said at the time.
Starting Wednesday, customers will find new lower prices on hundreds of items throughout the store with an emphasis on high quality, peak-of-season produce, including greens, tomatoes, tropical fruits and more. Examples of these new lower prices include, large yellow mangoes ($1/ea.), mixed-medley cherry tomatoes ($3.49/12oz), and organic bunched rainbow chard ($1.99/ea.). Prices will be reduced by an average of 20 percent on select items throughout the store.
More Prime Member Deals
In addition to new lower prices for all shoppers, Prime members will now save more than ever before at Whole Foods Market with double the number of exclusive weekly Prime Member deals and deeper discounts. Over the next few months, customers can expect more than 300 Prime member deals on some of the season’s most popular items.
Examples of exclusive Prime member deals in April that will rotate on a weekly basis include:
- Organic asparagus: $2.99/lb, save $2
- Organic strawberries: $2.99/lb, save $2
- Sumo Citrus: $2.49/lb, save $1.50
- Air-chilled, no-antibiotics-ever whole chicken: $1.79/lb, save at least 40%
- Spiral sliced ham: $3.99/lb, save at least 33%
- Animal welfare-rated, bone in pork loin chops: $4.99/lb, save at least $2
- Fresh, sustainable wild-caught halibut fillet: $16.99/lb, save at least 35%
- 35% off all Justin’s brand products
- $20 off Vega One Organic Shakes (24.3-26.9 oz. sizes only)
- 40% off all Kite Hill plant-based products
- 35% off all Epic brand products
- Prepared sandwiches and wraps: 20% off
Prime members can also receive an additional 10 percent off hundreds of sale items throughout the store. You can also use the Cash App debit card to save another 10%.
Starting Wednesday through the end of April, customers who try Prime can get $10 off their $20 purchase in-store at Whole Foods Market when they try Prime at amazon.com/WholeFoods10. New members can try Prime free for 30 days, full promotion details are at amazon.com/WholeFoods10.
Prime members now qualify for two-hour delivery at Whole Foods, they can use Alexa to add groceries to their Prime Now cart with their voice and arrange for grocery pick-up within 30 minutes at some locations.