Wells Fargo is offering once again a bonus of to those using other banks debit cards at their ATM. This bonus is for $100 but in the past there’s also been $150 bonuses showing up at some locations.
Wells Fargo Bonus
When you use a debit card from a different bank at an Wells Fargo ATM it will ask you at the end of your transaction if you want a $100 or $150 coupon to open e Wells Fargo checking account. With that coupon you can then open an account in branch to get the bonus. Keep in mind that there’s most likely fees associated with using a different bank’s ATM.
To receive either bonus you need to complete the following requirements:
- Open a new consumer checking account with a minimum opening deposit of $50 in a Wells Fargo branch by July 31, 2018
- Complete one of the following: 10 debit card purchases/payments OR establish a qualifying direct deposit of $500 or more
It’s a targeted offer. Use a non Wells Fargo debit card at their ATMs and hopefully you will receive the offer.
You do not qualify for the bonus if you have received any cash or cash-equivalent bonus through Wells Fargo consumer deposits in the past 12 months.
To avoid monthly fee you must have:
- 10 debit card purchases and/or payments each statement cycle OR
- $500 in qualifying direct deposits each statement cycle OR
- Maintain a minimum daily balance of $1,500 OR
- Linked to a Wells Fargo Campus ATM or Campus Debit Card
This is a decent offer, but Wells Fargo has had better deals in the past, up to $250 even. They currently have an offer for a $200 bonus in select cities.
- Apply In Branch
- Account Type: Everyday Checking
- Availability: Nationwide
- Expiration Date: 7/31/2018
- Type of Inquiry: Soft pull
- Direct Deposit Requirement: $500 (optional)
- Other Requirements: $50 opening deposit and 10 debit card purchases/payments
- Credit Card Funding: Up to $50
- Monthly Fee: $10 but can be waived
- Closing Account Fee: None