There’s a new Wells Fargo $200 bonus that doesn’t require direct deposit, but it’s sadly limited only to some cities. The account can be opened online or at a branch by June 29th, 2018. This offer had previously expired but DoC reports that it’s back again, targeting different locations.
Follow these steps, and you could qualify for a $200 bonus:
- Open a new, eligible consumer checking account in a branch or an Everyday Checking account online, with a minimum opening deposit of $25, by June 29th, 2018
- For 3 consecutive months, make a minimum of 10 purchases/payments per month with your new Wells Fargo Debit Card.
- Make 10 debit card purchases/payments within first 30 days from account open
- 10 additional debit card purchases/payments within the next 31-60 days from account open
- 10 additional debit card purchases/payments within the next 61-90 days from account open
All consumer checking accounts except Teen Checking are eligible for the $200 bonus when opened in a branch. Everyday Checking is the only eligible account for the offer when opened online.
Offer available only in the following participating locations (branch and online): Austin, TX; Charleston, SC; Charlottesville, VA; Columbia, SC; Columbus, GA; El Paso, TX-NM, Fresno-Visalia, CA; Ft. Myers-Naples, FL; Greensboro, NC; Greenville, SC-NC; Harlingen, TX; Houston, TX; Idaho Falls, ID; Las Vegas, NV; Reno, NV; Roanoke-Lynchburg, VA; Savannah, GA; Tampa, FL; Tucson (Sierra Vista), AZ; West Palm Beach, FL
You do not qualify for this bonus if you’re a recipient of a consumer checking bonus in the past 12 months (limit 1 bonus per customer).
The Wells Fargo Everyday Checking account has a monthly service fee of $10. The monthly service fee can be avoided with any one of the following each fee period:
- Maintain a $1,500 minimum daily balance
- $500 or more in total qualifying direct deposits
- 10 or more posted debit card purchases/payments from this checking account
- Linked to a Wells Fargo Campus ATM or Campus Debit Card
You also receive a $5 monthly service fee discount off the $10 monthly service fee when the primary account owner is 17 through 24 years of age.
We’ve seen higher bonuses in the past from Wells Fargo. There was a $250 bonus earlier this year, but for now this is the best offer. You can only get a bonus once a year so you could either wait to see if there’s a better bonus later on, or apply now so you’re eligible for another bonus sooner. The last similar bonus was $150 so I think this is worth doing.
The requirements are pretty easy. You need to do 10 debit transactions for 3 consecutive months and you can keep the account fee free.
If this bonus is not for you, then you can check our full list of available bank bonuses.
- Apply Here
- Account Type: Everyday Checking
- Availability: Select locations (see above)
- Expiration Date: 6/29/2018
- Type of Inquiry: Soft pull
- Direct Deposit Requirement: No
- Other Requirements: 10 debit card in each of first 3 months
- Credit Card Funding: Up to $50
- Monthly Fee: $10 but can be waived
- Closing Account Fee: None