US Bank $500 Bonus for Checking Accounts
US Bank is offering a bonus of up to $500 for new checking accounts. There is a direct deposit requirement for this bonus. The checking account can be opened in a branch, online or over the phone. But you need to be in US Bank’s footprint to do so. It is available in most states though. Check out the details of this offer below.
Earn a $300 or $500 bonus by opening a new U.S. Bank Smartly™ Checking account (excluding Safe Debit Account) from October 11 through and including November 21, 2022. The checking account must be opened in a branch/online/over the phone. Additionally, you must
- enroll in online banking or the U.S. Bank Mobile App within 60 days of opening your account.
- You must also complete two or more direct deposits within 60 days of opening your account that total:
- $3,000 to $5,999 to earn the $300 bonus, or
- $6,000 or more to earn the $500 bonus.
A direct deposit is an electronic deposit of your paycheck or government benefits, such as Social Security, from your employer or the government. Other electronic deposits or person-to-person payments are not considered a direct deposit. The checking bonus will be deposited into your new checking account within 60 days of direct deposit verification and verification of enrollment in online banking or the U.S. Bank Mobile App as long as your account is open and has a positive balance. Bonus will be reported as interest earned on IRS form 1099-INT and recipient is responsible for any applicable taxes.
- Offer is available almost nationwide. You must be in a state where they have physical branches.
- Offer is not valid if you or any signer on the account has an existing U.S. Bank consumer checking account, had a U.S. Bank consumer checking account in the last two year(s), or received other U.S. Bank bonus offers within the past two year(s).
- Current US Bank employees are not eligible.
Members of the military (requires self disclosure) and customers ages 24 and under and those 65 and over pay no monthly maintenance fee. All others can have the $6.95 fee waived by meeting any one of the following criteria:
- Have combined monthly direct deposits totaling $1,000 or more; or
- keep a minimum average account balance of $1,500 or more; or
- hold an eligible U.S. Bank credit card; or
- qualify for one of the four Smart Rewards™ tiers (Primary, Plus, Premium or Pinnacle).
This is one of the best offers from US Bank. The account is easy to keep fee-free and you need to complete two direct deposits to get the bonus. To get $500 those direct deposits need to total $6,000 or more. Then enroll in either U.S. Bank online banking or the U.S. Bank Mobile App.
If this bonus is not for you, then you can check our full list of available bank bonuses. And, if you’re new to bank account bonuses, you can learn more about churning bank accounts here.
- OFFER PAGE
- Promo Code: 2022OCT
- Bonus: $500
- Account Type: Smartly Checking
- Availability: Nationwide (only states that have US Bank branches)
- Inquiry Type: Soft pull
- Opening Deposit Credit Card Funding: Up to $250
- Direct Deposit Requirement: Two direct deposits that total $6,000 or more (see what works)
- Other Requirements: Enroll in either U.S. Bank online banking or the U.S. Bank Mobile App
- Monthly Fee: $6.95 (can be waived)
- Closing Account Fee: None
- Expiration Date: 11/21/22
Found a great Bank Offer? Share it with us, so we can share it with our readers!
2 thoughts on “US Bank $500 Bonus for Checking Accounts, Available in Most States”
2 years wait period, not 6 months! Read the terms.
“Offer is not valid if you or any signer on the account has an existing U.S. Bank consumer checking account, had a U.S. Bank consumer checking account in the last two years, or received other U.S. Bank bonus offers within the past two years.”
Thank you. Fixed.