TD Bank Bonus, Get $500 with New Checking and Savings Accounts
TD Bank is offering up to a $500 bonus when you open a new checking and savings account. You get $150 or $300 for the checking account, depending on which one you open, and another $200 for savings. This offer has been extended through March 31, 2022.
- $300 bonus offer when opening a TD Premier Checking
- Bonus offer available to eligible new personal checking Customers when opening a TD Premier Checking account with cumulative direct deposit funds of $2,500 or more into the new account within 60 days of account opening.
- $150 bonus when opening a TD Convenience Checking
- Bonus available to eligible new personal checking Customers when opening a TD Convenience Checking account with cumulative direct deposit funds of $500 or more into the new account within 60 days of account opening.
- $200 bonus when opening a Preferred Savings account
- Enjoy $200 when you deposit $20,000 or more in new money within 20 days and maintain a balance of at least $20,000 for 90 days.
One bonus per Customer and cannot be combined with any other offer.
Available only to the person addressed on the mailer.
The TD Premier Checking account, which is required to get the $300 bonus, has $25 monthly fee that is waived with a minimum daily balance of $2,500.
The TD Convenience Checking account, which is required to get the $150 bonus, has $15 monthly fee that is waived with a minimum daily balance of $100.
Savings account doesn’t have any fees.
The $300 bonus makes more sense if you have $2500 to leave in the account for 3 months, in order to keep fee free. One issue is the direct deposit. If you can easily switch your direct deposit, that would be the best option. Otherwise, you can do a ACH transfer from another checking account such as Capital One, Chase or Discover. That part is the same bonus that has been around previously, the only new part is the $200 bonus for the savings account. You need to leave $20K in the account for 90 days in order to get $200, which is a 4% return. Not great.
- OFFER PAGE
- Account Type: Premier Checking (or Convenience Checking) plus Preferred Savings
- Availability: CT, DE, Washington D.C., FL, ME, MD, MA, NC, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, SC, VT, VA
- Inquiry Type: Soft pull
- Credit Card Funding: Yes, up to $300
- Direct Deposit Requirement: $2,500 total in 60 days ($500 for $150 bonus)
- Other Requirements: $20K balance for 90 days for Savings bonus
- Monthly Fee: $25 waived with $2500 balance ($15 for Convenience Checking, waived with $100 balance)
- Closing Account Fee: Must be kept open for 90 days
- Expiration Date:
3/13/2019 5/8/19 8/3/21 11/30/213/31/22